Bonnie Clearwater (born 1957) is an American writer and art historian. She is the director and chief curator of Nova Southeastern University's Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale. Previously, Clearwater was the director and chief curator of Museum of Contemporary Art, North Miami. She has a particular interest in the work of Mark Rothko.
Clearwater studied art history at NYU then attended graduate school at Columbia University, where she studied modern and medieval art, graduating with a master's degree in the late '70s. Clearwater went on to be personal curator for Leonard Lauder for six years while she then curated the Rothko Foundation in New York City from 1980, and she was then the program director of the Lannan Foundation in Los Angeles from January 1986. In the early '90s, she moved to Miami where she saw potential for an exciting, emerging art scene. Clearwater became head curator of the MOCA North Miami in 1994, and programs director in 1997.
- "The Rothko book, Bonnie Clearwater". East Sussex Library. Retrieved 23 July 2010.
- "MOCA and Bonnie Clearwater". Social Miami. 2007. Archived from the original on 16 July 2011. Retrieved 23 July 2010.
- Schwan, Gary (30 January 1996). "Foundation Director Has High Hopes". Palm Beach Post. Retrieved 23 July 2010.
- Schwan, Gary (18 April 1986). "Lannan moves into art spotlight". Palm Beach Post. Retrieved 23 July 2010.
- "A Director With an Eye For the Fresh and the Local," (12 March 2008). The New York Times
- Clearwater, Bonnie (September 2006). The Rothko Book. Essential Artists. Tate Publishing. ISBN 1-85437-573-3.
- List of Books by Bonnie Clearwater at Amazon.com
- "PROFILE: Bonnie Clearwater: A Catalyst in the Relationship between Art and Life in Miami". Arte al Día. 3 December 2009. Retrieved 23 July 2010. (also in Spanish)
- Spalding, Jill (30 January 2008). "Edition #8: Bonnie Clearwater". Art on Air. Retrieved 23 July 2010.[permanent dead link] (requires RealPlayer)
- Rose, Charlie (7 January 2002). "A conversation about artist Roy Lichtenstein with Bonnie Clearwater, Dorothy Lichtenstein and Jeff Koons". The Charlie Rose Show. PBS. Archived from the original on 22 July 2010. Retrieved 23 July 2010.
- "MOCA / Art in America Party / Interview with Bonnie Clearwater". Vernissage TV. Basel, Switzerland. 10 December 2006. Retrieved 23 July 2010. (MP4 video)
|This article about an American writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about an American art historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|