Sydney, New South Wales
|Population||7,303 (2016 census)|
|Location||37 km (23 mi) west of Sydney|
|LGA(s)||City of Fairfield|
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Bonnyrigg Heights is a suburb of Sydney, in the state of New South Wales, Australia. Bonnyrigg Heights is located 37 kilometres west of the Sydney central business district, in the local government area of the City of Fairfield and is part of the Greater Western Sydney region.
According to the 2016 census of Population, there were 7,303 residents in Bonnyrigg Heights. In Bonnyrigg Heights, 45.9% of people were born in Australia. The most common other countries of birth were Vietnam 11.7%, Iraq 6.5%, Cambodia 3.8%, Laos 2.8% and Fiji 2.1%. 26.8% of people spoke only English at home. Other languages spoken at home included Vietnamese 17.5%, Serbian 6.6%, Arabic 6.0%, Assyrian Neo-Aramaic 4.3% and Khmer 4.3%. The most common responses for religion in Bonnyrigg Heights were Catholic 31.8%, Buddhism 21.9%, No Religion 10.4%, Eastern Orthodox 8.3% and Islam 6.0%.
Buses operated by Transit Systems Sydney traverse the suburb. The T80 Liverpool-Parramatta Transitway links Bonnyrigg Heights to major centres across Greater Western Sydney including Bonnyrigg, Prairiewood, Smithfield, City of Liverpool and City of Parramatta as well as Green Valley and Cecil Hills. Other routes all operating every 30 minutes are:
- Route 805 Bonnyrigg Heights to Liverpool and Cabramatta.
- Route 806 Liverpool to Parramatta via Bonnyrigg.
- Route 807 Cabramatta to Cecil Hills via Bonnyrigg.
The Westlink M7 Motorway interchange from Cecil Hills goes to either the M4 Western Motorway near Parramatta, M2 Hills Motorway at Baulkham Hills (north western suburbs) or the interchange near The Crossroads for the M5 South Western Motorway to Sydney or Campbelltown.
This suburb contains a Catholic secondary school called Freeman Catholic College and an adjacent public school called Bonnyrigg Heights Primary School. The suburb also contains a primary school called John the Baptist primary school, located next to Freeman Catholic college.
Resources and buildings
- Bonnyrigg Heights fire station
- Bonnyrigg Heights Public school
- John the Baptist Parish and primary school
- Freeman catholic college
- Bonnyrigg Heights hall
- Bonnyrigg garden centre
- Bonnyrigg sports club
- Liverpool to Parramatta Brown T-way
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Bonnyrigg Heights (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- The Heritage of Australia, Macmillan Company, 1981, p.2/24
- "Transit Systems route T80". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 805". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 806". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 807". Transport for NSW.
- "Bonnyrigg Heights Public School". nsw.edu.au.