Gold Coast, Queensland, Queensland
Bonogin General Store, 2012
|Population||4,573 (2016 census)|
|Location||81 km (50 mi) south of Brisbane|
|LGA(s)||City of Gold Coast|
Bonogin is a hinterland locality of City of Gold Coast in South East Queensland, Australia. According to the 2011 census it had a population of 4,182. It is on the edge of the Gold Coast hinterland. It is about 81 kilometres (50 mi) away from Brisbane.
European settlement commenced in the 1870s. The early industries were timber cutting and dairying. Later bananas were grown.
In the 1980s, some of the farms were subdivided to form acreage residential developments.
Part of the City of Gold Coasts Beaches to Bushland volunteer restoration program includes Bonogin Creek. The primary tributary of the creek begins in the Gold Coast hinterland. A hinterland regional park bushcare group was established in 1999 to address conservation of local plant species and also attempt to restore natural habitat of the creek. Davenport Park is a suburban park running along a lower point of the creek, within suburban Bonogin. In 2013 Bonogin Valley bushcare group formed to help with restoration of the park and creek area.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Bonogin (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
- "Bonogin (entry 46030)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 26 April 2014.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Bonogin (SSC)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 26 April 2014.
- Bonogin Demographics (QLD) Local Stats. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- Gold Coast Suburb Guide – Bonogin, QLD, 4213. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- "Bonogin History". History of our suburbs. City of Gold Coast Council. Retrieved 26 April 2014.
- "CLASSIFICATIONS AND TRANSFERS OF STATE SCHOOL TEACHERS". The Queenslander. National Library of Australia. 29 March 1913. p. 14. Retrieved 27 April 2014.
- "PUBLIC WORKS". The Courier-Mail. Brisbane: National Library of Australia. 24 August 1934. p. 23. Retrieved 27 April 2014.
- "Bonogin Bushcare Group". Gold Coast Parks. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "Mobile Library 2018 timetable" (PDF). Gold Coast City Council. Archived (PDF) from the original on 30 January 2018. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Bonogin". Queensland Places. Centre for the Government of Queensland, University of Queensland.