Gold Coast, Queensland
Bonogin General Store, 2012
|Population||4,573 (2016 census)|
|• Density||118.17/km2 (306.0/sq mi)|
|Area||38.7 km2 (14.9 sq mi)|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC+10:00)|
|Location||81 km (50 mi) S of Brisbane|
|LGA(s)||City of Gold Coast|
European settlement commenced in the 1870s. The early industries were timber cutting and dairying. Later bananas were grown.
Approval was given to establish a school in 1913. Bonogin Creek State School opened on 7 July 1913. There were closures due to teacher shortages in 1917 and 1921. The school finally closed on 30 March 1924. The school building was relocated to Wunburra (near Springbrook) in 1934.
In the 1980s, some of the farms were subdivided to form acreage residential developments.
Part of the City of Gold Coast's Beaches to Bushland volunteer restoration program includes Bonogin Creek. The primary tributary of the creek begins in the Gold Coast hinterland. A hinterland regional park bushcare group was established in 1999 to address conservation of local plant species and also attempt to restore natural habitat of the creek. Davenport Park is a suburban park running along a lower point of the creek, within suburban Bonogin. In 2013 Bonogin Valley bushcare group formed to help with restoration of the park and creek area.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Bonogin (SSC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Bonogin - locality in City of Gold Coast (entry 46030)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 26 January 2020.
- Gold Coast Suburb Guide – Bonogin, QLD, 4213. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- Bonogin Demographics (QLD) Local Stats. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- "Bonogin History". History of our suburbs. City of Gold Coast Council. Retrieved 26 April 2014.
- "CLASSIFICATIONS AND TRANSFERS OF STATE SCHOOL TEACHERS". The Queenslander. National Library of Australia. 29 March 1913. p. 14. Retrieved 27 April 2014.
- Queensland Family History Society (2010), Queensland schools past and present (Version 1.01 ed.), Queensland Family History Society, ISBN 978-1-921171-26-0
- "PUBLIC WORKS". The Courier-Mail. Brisbane: National Library of Australia. 24 August 1934. p. 23. Retrieved 27 April 2014.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Bonogin (SSC)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 26 April 2014.
- "Bonogin Bushcare Group". Gold Coast Parks. Archived from the original on 13 November 2013. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "Mobile Library 2018 timetable" (PDF). Gold Coast City Council. Archived from the original (PDF) on 30 January 2018. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bonogin, Queensland.|
- "Bonogin". Queensland Places. Centre for the Government of Queensland, University of Queensland.