This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Unencyclopedic style and needs more sources. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Species||Canis lupus familiaris|
March 16, 2006 |
San Francisco Bay Area
|Occupation||The World's Cutest Dog|
Boo Ahn (born March 16, 2006) is a Pomeranian that became an Internet sensation. Known for his short haircut, he has a popular Facebook page and is the subject of four photo books. As of March 2016, Boo has over 17.5 million Likes on Facebook. Boo is owned by Irene Ahn, a Facebook employee. Ahn also was the owner of Boo's older brother, Buddy (died September 6, 2017), another pomeranian.
Boo the dog belongs to a San Francisco-based Facebook employee who created a Facebook page for the dog with the statement "My name is Boo. I am a dog. Life is good." He became popular in October 2010 after singer Kesha sent a tweet that she had a new boyfriend, linking to the page.
Chronicle Books, noticing that Boo had 5 million Facebook fans at the time, approached the owner to write a picture book. In August 2011, Boo: The Life of the World's Cutest Dog, written by his owner under pen name J.H. Lee, was published. The book was eventually published in ten languages. A second book followed, Boo: Little Dog in the Big City, as well as a calendar and plans for a cut-out book and additional children's books. His merchandise includes a Gund stuffed animal. 
In April 2012, Boo was the subject of a death hoax after #RIPBOO appeared on Facebook. Tweets followed as Gizmodo writer Sam Biddle tweeted that Boo had died. It was later confirmed by the Chronicle Book staff that Boo was alive and well.
There are three types of Pomeranians, including the Fox Face Pomeranian, the Teddy Bear Pomeranian and the Baby Doll Pomeranian. Boo is a Teddy Bear Pomeranian; hence he has a much shorter snout compared with the typical Fox Face types. It is commonly referred to as a "smooshed face." Because of this feature, the eyes appear to be closer to the nose and the cheeks appear to be fuller.
- Benny Evangelista (August 17, 2012). "Boo, 'the cutest dog in the world'". San Francisco Chronicle.
- "Boo, the World's Cutest Dog, Calls a Facebook Employee "Mom" - Mike Isaac - Social". AllThingsD. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- 04/11/2012 8:16 pm Updated: 04/12/2012 2:20 pm (2012-04-11). "Boo Is Alive: Dog's Death Refuted On Facebook As #RIPBOO Tweets Flow". Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- 07/11/2012 4:25 pm (2012-07-11). "Boo, World's Cutest Dog, Is Now Official Pet Liaison For Virgin America (PHOTOS)". Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- Choney, Suzanne. "Is Boo the 'cutest dog' in the world a Facebook plant? - Digital Life". Digitallife.today.msnbc.msn.com. Archived from the original on 2012-08-11. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- Alyson Shontell (Aug 8, 2012). "Meet Boo, 'The World's Cutest Dog'—And The Secret Facebook Employee Behind Him". Business Insider. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- The Faces of the Pomeranian "Teddy Bear Pomeranians"