|Type of business||Limited company|
Type of site
|Industry||Bookselling, Online shopping|
|Revenue||£69 million (2010)|
Book Depository (previously The Book Depository) is a UK-based online book seller with a large catalogue offered with free shipping to over 160 countries. The store was founded by a former Amazon employee. In 2011 it was acquired by Amazon.
The company was founded in 2004 by Andrew Crawford and current Chief Operating Officer Stuart Felton; its motto is to make "All Books Available to All" by improving selection, access and affordability of books. 
In 2009 and 2010, it won Direct Bookselling Company of the year at the Bookseller Industry Awards and the Queen's Award For Enterprise.
- Wood, Zoe (5 July 2011). "Booksellers fear 'stranglehold' as Amazon snaps up British rival The Book Depository". London: The Guardian.
- "Which countries do you deliver to?", Help, The Book depository.
- "How does the Amazon acquisition affect The Book Depository customers?", Help, The Book Depository.
- "Book Depository: Free delivery worldwide on over 20 million books". www.bookdepository.com.
- "Start-up Award". UK: Startups.
- "Bookdepository". 100 List. UK: Fast Track. 2008. Archived from the original on 2012-01-12.
- "Bookseller Award". Events force.