|Initial release||14 February 2012|
2.3 / 15 November 2017
|Operating system||Linux, OS X|
|Available in||Albanian, Catalan, English, Estonian, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Punjabi, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian; translatable|
|License||GNU Affero General Public License v3|
Booktype is a free and open source software for authoring, collaborating, editing, and publishing books to PDF, ePub, .mobi, and HTML formats. It was launched by Sourcefabric in February 2012 when Booktype evolved from the Booki software, which powers FLOSS Manuals.
Organisations using Booktype
Amnesty International has been using Booktype for their annual reports three years in a row in 2014/2015, 2015/2016 and 2016/2017. Books on Demand), the European market and technology leader for digital book publications use Booktype branded as easyEditor for their self-publishing service. The Berlin-based publisher mikrotext uses Booktype for their entire catalogue.
Nominations and awards
- "Booktype Features".
- "Who's the Patron of eBooks? (FOSOTNTT)".
- "Meet Open-Source eBook Editing/Publishing App 'BookType'".
- "Booktype Launches Crowd-Sourced eBook Tools".
- Charman-Anderson, Suw (14 February 2012). "Booktype: Book collaboration made easy". Forbes.
- "Why Amnesty International uses Booktype 2.0 for report publishing". 25 March 2015.
- "Booktype localization on Transifex".
- "Adobe InDesign integration with Booktype's publishing platform". 16 March 2017.
- "What is a booksprint? And introduction".
- "New Booktype output features create laid-out, print-ready PDFs across languages". 25 February 2016.
- "Amnesty's Annual Report, a case study in single source publishing". 13 March 2017.
- "Software-Tipp: Bücher gemeinsam online schreiben, lektorieren und in Buch und eBook umwandeln". 13 October 2015.
- "mikrotext und Booktype". 29 September 2015.
- "CONTENTshift veröffentlicht Shortlist". 8 September 2016.
- "Neuland 2.0: Abook und Booktype holen Startup-Preise der Leipziger Buchmesse". 26 March 2017.
|This free and open-source software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|