This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Mayor||Jeroen Baert (N-VA)|
|• Governing party/ies||N-VA, CD&V, Groen|
|• Total||7.37 km2 (2.85 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,400/km2 (6,300/sq mi)|
|Area codes||03, 015|
Boom (Dutch pronunciation: [boːm]) is a Belgian town, located in both the arrondissement and province of Antwerp. On 1 January 2006 Boom had a total population of 16,096. The total area is 7.37 km² (2.85 sq mi) which gives a population density of 2,185 inhabitants per km². Residents are known as "Boomenaars". 
Recorded history of this community started in the late 1300s. The population increase in Boom occurred some time during the 19th century. In Boom, people venerate a miraculous statue of our lady of Boom.
Because of the presence of clay around Boom, the region is well known for and has many clay pits and brick factories.
This section does not cite any sources. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Peter Dens (1690), Catholic theologian.
- Egidius Aerts (1822–1853), flautist and composer
- Bobbejaan Schoepen (1925), singer-songwriter, guitarist and art whistler. He was also an actor, fantasist and founder of the Bobbejaanland amusement park in Belgium.
- Herbert Flack, actor.
- Luc Van der Kelen (1948), journalist at Het Laatste Nieuws.
- Roland Van Campenhout, musician.
- Bavo Claes (1949), former news anchor.
- Glen De Boeck (1971), football player and coach.
- Bjorn Vleminckx (1986), football player.
- Kevin Seeldraeyers (1986), cyclist.
- Mano Mundo: worldmusic festival in De Schorre (recreational ground). (festival does not exist anymore)
- Tomorrowland (festival): EDM World-famous and largest Dance Music festival in the world, that almost 2 million people have attended since its 2005 launch.
- Feria Andaluza: Spanish festival in De Schorre.
- K. Rupel Boom F.C.: Football club, currently playing in the Belgian Third Division.
- Kangeroes Boom: Basketball club, currently playing in the second division.
- Braxgata: Hockey club, currently playing in the first division. Hockey club of the year by the European Hockey Federation (EHF) in 2009.
- Fudji Yama Boom-Niel-Schelle: Judo club, founded in 1958
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Boom, Belgium.|
- Boom municipality official website. (in Dutch)
|This Antwerp location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|