|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Boom Beach is a freemium massively multiplayer online real-time strategy game for iOS and Android, developed by Supercell. It was soft launched in Canada on 11 November 2013 and widely released on 26 March 2014.
Boom Beach is a strategy game that combines attacks on other players with attacks against computer generated bases. The game's storyline is set in a tropical archipelago with the player on an island with defenses and troops (similar to Supercell's Clash of Clans game).
Players can build their base, upgrade their defenses and other buildings, and unlock troop upgrades. Boom Beach combines single player campaign play as well as the ability to attack other players in multiplayer mode on the same map. It has been a top 10 game in 22 countries at its launch. The game pits the player against an enemy known as "The Blackguard" which is often represented by Lt. Hammerman.
Apart from the main aspect of the game, there is also a cooperative form where players gather "Intel" (by surviving or ordering attacks, or by rewards) which is then used to attack computer generated bases in Task Force Operations.
Boom Beach requires the player to collect and store resources such as gold, wood, stone, and in higher levels, iron. These resources are used to upgrade troops and buildings. The game also uses a premium purchasable currency, diamonds, which are available in small quantities from gameplay. Diamonds can be used to speed up every aspect of the game (except for submarine dives); from construction time of buildings and statues, to troop training and time of armory research. They can also be used to purchase more gold, wood, stone and iron. The only things that cannot be bought with diamonds are Intel, Power Powder, and Power stones, which are used to create statues which boost various aspects of the game such as troop health, building health, resource production, gunboat energy, etc.
- Supercell's new title is winning over gamers 29 March 2014 Helsinki Times
- What Supercell did next: Boom Beach masters the art of the follow-up 9 April 2014 by Steve El-Sharawy, The Finnsider Pocket Gamer
- Clash of Clans Dev Releases Boom Beach; The follow-up takes to the islands by Mike Mahardy 27 March 2014 IGN
- Boom Beach is Clash of Clans maker Supercell's Clash of Clans clone. Retrieved 10 July 2014.
- Clash of Clans dev releases Boom Beach. Retrieved 27 March 2014.
- "Boom Beach Description". Play Boom Beach.
- "Boom Beach Resources". Ultimate Boom Beach Guide.
- Habermann, Stephen (16 April 2014). "Boom Beach Review". IGN. Archived from the original on 16 July 2016. Retrieved 29 July 2015.
- "Boom Beach for iPhone/iPad Reviews". Metacritic. Archived from the original on July 16, 2016. Retrieved July 16, 2016.