Boomerang is a Central, And Eastern European/East-Central European pay television channel feed which focuses on animated programming for children. This feed is broadcast in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Benelux, CIS countries, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Poland, the Balkans, Baltics and Caucasus countries. On 4 January 2023, it was announced the channel will be replaced by Cartoonito on 18 March 2023.
Boomerang EMEA was launched on 5 June 2005. On 12 October 2011, at 6:00 am (CEST), it was split into two different feeds: this feed focused on Central and Eastern Europe, while Boomerang HQ centered on the Benelux, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Greece, Middle East & Africa, and Portugal. The European feed at the time consisted of four audio tracks, which were in English, Romanian, Hungarian and Polish. On 1 August 2007, TV channel began broadcasting from the Astra 1K and Hot Bird 7A satellites in the territories of the CIS and Baltic countries. The TV channel was partially broadcast in Russian. Since 1 October 2013, the channel has been completely dubbed into Russian.
Between November 2014 and February 2015, Boomerang CEE replaced Boomerang HQ in the Netherlands and the Flanders region of Belgium, and got a localised Dutch feed between 2 February 2015 and 2017. Since 2017 the CEE feed is available in the Netherlands and Belgium.
On 4 April 2018, Boomerang CEE switched to the 16:9 aspect ratio.
On 1 October 2018, Boomerang CEE replaced Boomerang Germany and took over its channel slot. It launched a subfeed intended to air German advertisements and has no Russian rating icons being displayed in its broadcast, differing from the main feed. Sometimes they were shown anyway because of mistakes.
On Monday, 1 November 2021, Boomerang CEE launched a new Bulgarian-language audio track, as well as a Bulgarian channel subfeed for Bulgarian television advertisement commercials, only on Bulsatcom, for now as A1 Bulgaria.
On Friday, 3 December 2021, Boomerang CEE launched a new Czech-language audio track.
Due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, on 9 March 2022, WarnerMedia closed the channel in Russian territories, along with Cartoon Network. As a result, since 5 December 2022, some new cartoon series began airing without Russian dubbing.
On 4 January 2023, it was announced that Boomerang CEE would fully rebrand into a dedicated Cartoonito channel on 18 March 2023.
- Alice & Lewis
- Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz
- Grizzy and the Lemmings
- Kingdom Force
- Mighty Mike
- Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
- Pat the Dog
- The Tom and Jerry Show
- Tom and Jerry in New York
- 2 Stupid Dogs
- A Pup Named Scooby-Doo
- Agent Binky: Pets of the Universe
- Angelo Rules
- Atom Ant
- Augie Doggie and Doggie Daddy
- Bananas in Pyjamas
- Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! (now on Cartoon Network)
- Ben 10 (2016 TV series) (now on Cartoon Network)
- Boomerang Cinema
- Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels
- Casper’s Scare School
- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
- Coconut the Little Dragon
- Count Duckula
- Danger Mouse
- Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines
- Dexter's Laboratory
- Droopy and Dripple
- Droopy, Master Detective
- Duck Dodgers
- Dumb and Dumber
- Firehouse Tales
- Five Farmies
- George of the Jungle
- Gerald McBoing Boing
- Ha Ha Hairies
- Heatcliff and Marmaduke
- Help!... It's the Hair Bear Bunch!
- Hong Kong Phooey
- Inch High, Private Eye
- Inspector Gadget (2015)
- Jelly Jamm
- Johnny Bravo
- Josie and the Pussycats
- Jungle Beat
- King Arthur's Disasters
- Krypto the Superdog
- Lippy the Lion and Hardy Har Har
- Looney Tunes
- Looney Tunes Cartoons (now on Cartoon Network)
- Master Moley
- Mike, Lu and Og
- Miss Moon
- Moley (moved to Cartoonito)
- Mr. Magoo
- Muh und Mäh - Boomerang Bauernhof-Geschichten
- Mush-Mush and the Mushables (moved to Cartoonito)
- My Knight and Me
- New Looney Tunes (now on Cartoon Network)
- Ninja Express
- Paddington Bear
- Pink Panther and Pals
- Pixie and Dixie and Mr. Jinks
- Power Players
- Puppy in My Pocket: Adventures in Pocketville
- Robin Hood: Mischief in Sherwood
- Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?
- Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo (1979)
- Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo (1980)
- Secret Squirrel
- Sheep in the Big City
- Skunk Fu!
- Squiddly Diddly
- The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo
- The Addams Family (1973)
- The Addams Family (1992)
- The Flintstones
- The Flintstone Comedy Hour
- The Flintstone Kids
- The Garfield Show
- The Happos Family
- The Huckleberry Hound Show
- The Jetsons
- The Jungle Bunch
- The Looney Tunes Show
- The Magilla Gorilla Show
- The Mask: Animated Series
- The New Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- The New Scooby-Doo Movies
- The New Yogi Bear Show
- The Owl & Co
- The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show
- The Perils of Penelope Pitstop
- The Powerpuff Girls (2016 TV series)
- The Quick Draw McGraw Show
- The Raccoons
- The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
- The Scooby-Doo Show
- The Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries
- The Tex Avery Show
- The Yogi Bear Show
- Time Squad
- Tiny Toon Adventures
- Tom and Jerry
- Tom and Jerry Kids
- Tom and Jerry Tales
- Top Cat
- Touché Turtle and Dum Dum
- Wacky Races (1968)
- Wacky Races (2017)
- Wally Gator
- What's New Scooby-Doo?
- Yabba-Dabba Dinosaurs
- Yogi's Treasure Hunt
Cartoonito is a programming block targeting pre-kindergartners, & preschoolers. It airs weekday mornings and afternoons before the Cartoonito branding was phased out entirely in 2014, when Cartoonito merged with Boomerang's schedule.
In August 2022, it was announced that Cartoonito would be returning later on Boomerang CEE in 2022.
A teaser was released for the block on 8 August 2022 and released idents for Thomas and Friends: All Engines Go!.
1st September 2022 Cartoonito block was relaunched as channel block (8:00 to 14:00 UTC).
The relaunched block received a new logo, new logo idents, and others.
- Boomerang around the world
- Boomerang (France)
- Cartoon Network (CEE)
- Cartoon Network (Dutch TV channel)
- Cartoon Network (Germany)
- Cartoon Network (Poland)
- Cartoon Network (Russia and Southeastern Europe)
- CNN International
- "Kanał Boomerang 18 marca zmieni się w Cartoonito. „Miejsce dla przedszkolaków i ich rodzin"". www.wirtualnemedia.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 2023-01-12.
- "Boomerang развлекает детей". old.telesputnik.ru. 2 February 2009.
- "Телеспутник • Просмотр темы - 1 июня встречаем новый пакет "ДЕТСКИЙ"". Телеспутник. March 21, 2013. Archived from the original on 2013-12-03. Retrieved 2023-01-12.
- "Телеканал Boomerang заговорил по-русски". ProTV.UA - ТВ, технологии, телекоммуникации. Retrieved 2023-01-12.
- "Nieuw logo voor Boomerang". Broadcast Magazine (in Dutch). 1 February 2015. Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- "Boomerang CEE (Dutch) - Continuity (July 1, 2017)". YouTube. 1 July 2017.
- "Boomerang Germany - Final Day/Closedown/CEE Takeover (September 30-October 1, 2018)". YouTube. 2 October 2018. Archived from the original on 2021-12-20.
- "Boomerang CEE (Bulgaria) - Launch (November 1, 2021)". YouTube. 1 November 2021. Archived from the original on 2021-12-20.
- "WarnerMedia and Discovery join the stampede of businesses leaving Russia | CNN Business". CNN. 9 March 2022.
- GmbH, DWDL de. "Kinder-Marke Cartoonito kommt ins deutsche Fernsehen". DWDL.de. Retrieved 2022-09-12.
- KG, imfernsehen GmbH & Co. "Serien nach Sendern: Boomerang". fernsehserien.de (in German). Retrieved 2022-05-02.
- "Boomerang - program tv na 26.06.2009 - Program TV - Telemagazyn.pl". www.telemagazyn.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 2022-05-02.