Boomtown New Orleans
|Boomtown New Orleans|
|Location||Harvey, Louisiana, U.S.|
|Address||4132 Peters Road|
|Opening date||August 6, 1994|
|Theme||Old West and Riverboat|
|No. of rooms||150|
|Total gaming space||30,000 sq ft (2,800 m2)|
Bayou Market Buffet
Bayou Market Express
|Owner||Gaming and Leisure Properties|
|Operating license holder||Pinnacle Entertainment|
|Previous names||Boomtown Westbank (1994–2002)|
Boomtown New Orleans (formerly Boomtown Westbank) is a hotel and casino located on the West Bank of Jefferson Parish in Harvey, Louisiana. It is on a 54-acre (220,000 m2) site. It is owned by Gaming and Leisure Properties and operated by Pinnacle Entertainment.
Boomtown is the largest riverboat casino in Southeast Louisiana since its acquisition of one of the twin River City Casino riverboats in 1998. It has over 1,500 slots and video poker games, 30 table games on the first floor and is open 24 hours a day.
Boomtown has a five-story hotel with 150 rooms.
The facility offers five different dining options: Bayou Market Buffet, Bayou Market Express, Asia, Pier 4 and Oyster Bar. Entertainment options are Boomer's Nightclub where local cover bands (i.e. The Chee-Weez) and national acts come to perform and Family Fun Center. There's also the ETC gift shop.
The property became part of Hollywood Park, Inc. (later Pinnacle Entertainment) with its purchase on June 30, 1997 of Boomtown, Inc.
On December 13, 2006, Pinnacle approved a major expansion for Boomtown New Orleans, expected to cost $145 million, including a 200-room, four-star hotel with a spa and salon, an expansion of the Boomers nightclub, an Asian restaurant, additional meeting space, a new employee dining area, and an expansion of the buffet. The expansion was supposed to start in the first quarter of 2007 and be finished by the second quarter of 2008.
- Sayre, Katherine (January 21, 2015). "Boomtown Casino $20 million hotel opens in Harvey". The Times-Picayune. New Orleans. Retrieved January 21, 2015.
- "Boomtown Inc. has successful opening of the first phase of $27 million land-based entertainment facility at Boomtown Westbank near New Orleans". Boomtown, Inc. (Press release). The Free Library. December 19, 1994. Retrieved December 10, 2014.
- "Hollywood Park completes merger". Las Vegas Review-Journal. July 2, 1997. Archived from the original on April 4, 2005. Retrieved July 31, 2012.
- "Pinnacle Entertainment to expand Boomtown New Orleans". Pinnacle Entertainment (Press release). Casino City Times. December 13, 2006. Retrieved July 31, 2012.
- Stutz, Howard (July 24, 2012). "Pinnacle Entertainment to add small hotel to Boomtown New Orleans casino". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved July 31, 2012.
- Timothy Boone (April 30, 2016). "Louisiana gaming board approves Pinnacle deal that includes selling and leasing back four casinos in the state". The Advocate. Baton Rouge, LA. Retrieved July 23, 2016.
- "Gaming and Leisure Properties, Inc. completes the previously announced acquisition of the real estate assets of Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc" (Press release). Pinnacle Entertainment. April 28, 2016. Retrieved 2016-07-22.