|Country of origin||Australia|
|Location||Richmond, Victoria, Australia|
Boomtown Records was an independent record label founded by Jaddan Comerford in October 2002 and based in Melbourne, Australia. In 2011 the label was rebranded with Staple Management to new company, UNFD.
It is incredible how far everything has come. This is literally something I started in my bedroom when I was eighteen. I had just started a degree at university and I absolutely loved music, so I wanted to do something that involved both of those things.— Jaddan Comerford 
After operating the label out of his basement, Comerford moved into an office building in 2005. In March 2006 Comerford established the Staple Group with two arms; that being Artist Management (Behind Crimson Eyes, The Getaway Plan, Horsell Common and Antiskeptic) and Marketing, which focuses on direct, street level and viral internet marketing (with clients including Warner Music Australia and Hurley Clothing).
Boomtown had its first ever 'Boomtown Showdown Tour' in May 2005, showcasing the label’s talent (Behind Crimson Eyes, Wishful Thinking, Angelas Dish and Sounds Like Chicken), which sold out to 800 people in Melbourne. In 2006 the 'Boomtown Showdown Tour' went national with eight shows on the east coast of Australia. The performance in Melbourne, featuring Horsell Common, The Getaway Plan, Angelas Dish, Wishful Thinking and In Fiction, was recorded and released on DVD. The 'Boomtown Showdown Tour' continued in 2007, featuring The Getaway Plan, In Fiction, The Amity Affliction and Elora Danan with thirteen dates across the east and west coasts of Australia, and included the first ever Boomtown Showdown shows in Western Australia.
Behind Crimson Eyes
Behind Crimson Eyes (Melbourne) - Boomtown signed the band in late 2004, releasing the band's debut EP, Pavour Nocturnus in 2005. It entered the Australian Independent Record (AIR) charts at number two. The band's follow up, Prologue: The Art of War/Cherry Blossom Epitaph was also released by Boomtown in 2005, spending eight weeks in the Australian charts and peaking at #81. In August 2006 the band went on to sign with US heavy metal label, Roadrunner Records.
The Getaway Plan
The Getaway Plan (Melbourne) - Boomtown released the band's debut album Other Voices, Other Rooms in February 2008. The album debuted at number 14 on the ARIA charts, number three on the Australian ARIA charts and number one on the AIR charts, where it stayed for over a year. The second single from the album, "Where the City Meets the Sea", peaked at number 28 on the ARIA singles charts. The Getaway Plan were nominated for 'Best Australian Independent Artist' at the 2008 Jägermeister AIR Awards. In February 2009 The Getaway Plan formally announced that it would be disbanding following final performances in March, although they have since reformed and released a new album.
Elora Danan (Perth) - Boomtown released the band's debut Mini-Album We All Have Secrets in 2007 and they toured as part of the Boomtown Showdown in 2007. The band's debut album entitled In the Room Up There was released on 6 March 2009 on Boomtown Records. The label has released two singles from the album "Door, Up, Elevator" and "The Greater Good".
In Fiction (Adelaide) - Boomtown released both the band's EPs, The Four Letter Failure - which reached number 72 on the ARIA singles chart and Ghost which reached number 11. The band's debut album, The Forecast, was released in June 2008.
Horsell Common (Melbourne) - Boomtown released their debut album The Rescue in September 2007, with the album reaching number six on the AIR album charts. The first single from the album, "Satellite Wonderland", reaching number one on the AIR singles chart.
List of artists
Current We Are Unified roster
- The Amity Affliction
- The Bride
- Dream On, Dreamer
- Buried In Verona
- Deez Nuts
- The Getaway Plan
- House Vs. Hurricane
- Miami Horror
- The Summer Set
- We Are Augustines
- We Came As Romans
- Angelas Dish
- Behind Crimson Eyes
- Elora Danan
- Sounds Like Chicken
- Horsell Common
- In Fiction
- Mere Theory
- Philadelphia Grand Jury (Boomtown Deal through Normal People Making Hits)
- Wishful Thinking
- Wherewolves (formerly A Year To Remember)
One-Off International Releases
- Blackpool Lights
- The Dear Hunter
- Jonah Matranga
- Envy on the Coast
- The Receiving End of Sirens
|Cat. #||Artist||Title||Format||Release Date|
|BTR001||Wishful Thinking||Standing Still (2003)||CD/LP||First official Boomtown release|
|BTR002||Wishful Thinking||I Don't Need You (2003)||CD Single|
|BTR003||Sounds Like Chicken||Global Domination (2003)||CD Single|
|BTR004||Wishful Thinking||Kicking Goals, Banging Gongs and High Fives All Round! (2004)||CD/LP|
|BTR005||Sounds Like Chicken||...Like a Cannonball to the Ocean Floor (2004)||CD/LP||Debut Album|
|BTR006||Various Artists||Attack of the Bee Killers (2004)||CD Compilation|
|BTR007||Behind Crimson Eyes||Pavour Nocturnus (2005)||CD/DVD||Boomtown’s Breakthrough Artist & Release|
|BTR008||Angelas Dish||Lie Die (2005)||CD/EP||Debut EP|
|BTR009||Wishful Thinking||"The Day You Went Away" (2005)||CD Single|
|BTR010||Sounds Like Chicken||"Take a Bullet to the Grave" (2005)||CD Single|
|BTR011||Behind Crimson Eyes||Prologue: The Art of War/Cherry Blossom Epitaph (2005)||CD Single||Double A-side Single|
|BTR012||The Getaway Plan||Hold Conversation (2006)||CD/EP||Debut EP|
|BTR013||Angelas Dish||My Body Is An Ashtray (2006)||CD/EP|
|BTR014||In Fiction||The Four Letter Failure (2006)||CD/EP||Debut EP|
|BTR015||Wishful Thinking||You Never See It Coming (2006)||CD/EP|
|BTR016||Jonah Matranga||The Three Sketchys (1999-2005) (2006)||CD/LP||First International Release|
|BTR017||Horsell Common||Satellite Wonderland (2006)||CD/EP|
|BTR018||Various Artists||Boomtown Showdown 2006 (2006)||DVD||First Official Boomtown Showcase|
|BTR019||In Fiction||Ghost (2007)||CD/EP|
|BTR020||Behind Crimson Eyes||Scream Out Your Name to the Night (2007)||Re-Release CD/DVD|
|BTR021||Copeland||In Motion (2007)||CD/LP|
|BTR022||Mere Theory||"Gracefully" (2007)||7"||Debut Single with B-Sides|
|BTR023||Mere Theory||Catalan Atlas (2007)||CD/LP||Debut Album Release on 1 September 2007|
|BTR024||Elora Danan||We All Have Secrets (2007)||Mini-Album [EP]||Debut Release on 18 August 2007|
|BTR025||Blackpool Lights||This Town's Disaster (2007)||CD/LP||Album Release on 18 August 2007|
|BTR026||Horsell Common||"Good from Afar" (2007)||CD Single||Single Released 1 September 2007|
|BTR027||Horsell Common||The Rescue (2007)||CD/LP||Debut Album Released 29 September 2007|
|BTR028||Lifetime||Lifetime (2007)||CD/LP||Decaydance / Fueled By Ramen / Boomtown Records|
|BTR029||The Getaway Plan||"Streetlight" (2007)||CD Single||First Single from 'Other Voices, Other Rooms'|
|BTR030||The Getaway Plan||Other Voices, Other Rooms (2008)||CD/LP||Debut Album Released 9 February 2008|
|BTR031||The Getaway Plan||"Where the City Meets the Sea" (2008)||CD Single||Second Single from 'Other Voices, Other Rooms'|
|BTR032||In Fiction||Liar, Liar (2008)||CD/EP|
|BTR033||In Fiction||The Forecast (2008)||CD/LP||Debut album|
|BTR034||A Year to Remember (Wherewolves)||Targets (2008)||CD/EP||Debut album|
|BTR036||The Amity Affliction||Severed Ties (2008)||CD/LP||Debut album|
- "Boomtown Records and Staple MGMT close their doors to make way for UNFD". We Are Unified. 14 Jan 2011.
- "Jaddan Comerford". dB Magazine (Issue #423). 31 October 2007. Archived from the original on 4 August 2008. Retrieved 12 March 2009.
- "Puff 'n Stuff". dB Magazine. October 2007. Archived from the original on 2008-07-22. Retrieved 13 March 2009.
- "Boomtown Showdown DVD". Chaos.com. Retrieved 12 March 2009.[dead link]
- de Jonge, Justine (13 September 2007). "Get ready for the Bowntown Showdown". Faster Louder. Retrieved 12 March 2009.
- "Boomtown Showdown". MTV Australia. Retrieved 13 March 2009.[dead link]
- Kent, David (2006). Australian Chart Book 1993–2005 (PDF). St Ives, N.S.W.: Australian Chart Book, 2006. ISBN 0-646-45889-2. Retrieved 12 March 2009.[dead link]
- "ARIA Charts - Other Voices, Other Rooms". Australian Charts Portal. 8 February 2009. Retrieved 11 March 2009.
- "AIR Charts Weekly Top 20". Australian Independent Record Labels Association. 8 February 2009. Archived from the original on 7 February 2009. Retrieved 11 March 2009.
- "ARIA Charts - Where the City meets the Sea". Australian Charts Portal. 8 February 2009. Retrieved 11 March 2009.
- "2008 Jagermeister AIR Award nominees announced". Australian Independent Record Labels Association. 24 October 2008. Retrieved 11 March 2009.[better source needed]
- "Interview - Elora Danan". KillYourStereo.com. 17 October 2008. Retrieved 13 March 2009.
- de Jonge, Justine (28 October 2008). "Elora Danan". FasterLouder.com. Retrieved 13 March 2009.
- "New Australasian releases". Australian Recording Industry Association. June 2008. Archived from the original on 20 November 2008. Retrieved 11 March 2009.
- "AIR Charts Weekly Top 20". Australian Independent Record Labels Association. 8 October 2007. Archived from the original on 27 September 2011. Retrieved 11 March 2009.[better source needed]
- "AIR Charts Weekly Top 20". Australian Independent Record Labels Association. 2 October 2007. Archived from the original on 27 September 2011. Retrieved 11 March 2009.[better source needed]
- Stace, Andrew (18 June 2007). "Mere Theory sign with Boomtown Records". FasterLouder.com.au. Retrieved 12 March 2009.
- "Lifetime - Lifetime". KillYourStereo.com. 12 November 2007. Retrieved 13 March 2009.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 23 March 2012. Retrieved 2011-09-16.