Boon Township, Warrick County, Indiana
Old Warrick County Jail, a historic place in Boonville
Location in Warrick County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||84.93 sq mi (220.0 km2)|
|• Land||83.45 sq mi (216.1 km2)|
|• Water||1.48 sq mi (3.8 km2) 1.74%|
|Elevation||423 ft (129 m)|
|• Density||152.8/sq mi (59.0/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47601, 47610, 47630|
|GNIS feature ID||453124|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 84.93 square miles (220.0 km2), of which 83.45 square miles (216.1 km2) (or 98.26%) is land and 1.48 square miles (3.8 km2) (or 1.74%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Hart Township (north)
- Owen Township (northeast)
- Grass Township, Spencer County (east)
- Skelton Township (east)
- Luce Township, Spencer County (southeast)
- Anderson Township (south)
- Campbell Township (west)
- Ohio Township (west)
The township contains these cemeteries: Baker, Broshears, Brown Chapel, Clutter Stone, Ellis, Freedom (also known as Mundy Cemetery and Powers Cemetery), Hedge, Maple Grove, Perigo, Plainview Memorial, Small, Thornburg, Warren and Wesley Chapel.
Airports and landing strips
- Boonville Airport
- Scales Lake State Park
- Indiana's 8th congressional district
- State House District 74
- State Senate District 47
- "Boon Township, Warrick County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Barr, Arvil Sylvester (1915). A History of Warrick County, Indiana, Prior to 1820, Including a Sketch of Methodism in the County Down to 1850. Indiana University. p. 17.
- Fortune, William (1881). Warrick and Its Prominent People: A History of Warrick County, Indiana from the Time of Its Organization and Settlement. Courier Company. p. 18.