Boonton Township School District
|Boonton Township School District|
|11 Valley Road
Boonton Township, NJ 07005
|Superintendent||Dr. Christian Angelillo|
|Business administrator||John T. Murray II|
|Students and staff|
|Enrollment||720 (as of 2014-15)|
|District Factor Group||I|
The Boonton Township School District is a community public school district that serves students in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade from Boonton Township, in Morris County, New Jersey, United States.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "I", the second-highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
Since 1989, ninth through twelfth grades, public school students attend Mountain Lakes High School, in Mountain Lakes as part of a sending/receiving relationship agreement. As of the 2014-15 school year, the high school had an enrollment of 692 students and 56.0 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 12.3:1.
Rockaway Valley School had an enrollment of 487 students as of the 2014-15 school year.
- Dr. Christian Angelillo, Superintendent
- John T. Murray II, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- District information for Boonton Township Public School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 7, 2016.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 6, 2014.
- Boonton Township School District 2015 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed June 6, 2016. "The Boonton Township School District has one school, Rockaway Valley School, which houses a PreK through Grade 8 program for approximately 450 children. The district maintains a send-receive relationship with the neighboring Mountain Lakes School District, whereby our students attend Mountain Lakes High School."
- Information/ MLHS Information, Boonton Township School District. Accessed January 3, 2017. "Boonton Township School District maintains a 'send-receive' relationship with Mountain Lakes High School.... Once enrolled in Mountain Lakes High School, the responsibility for the education of the student rests with the High School. While the Boonton Township School District pays tuition for all residents enrolled at the High School, the High School faculty, staff and administration bear the responsibility for all academics, student IEP's and 504's, extra-curricular activities and the students' general health, well-being and safety at school."
- School data for Mountain Lakes High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- School Data for the Boonton Township School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- Administration, Boonton Township School District. Accessed January 2, 2017.
- New Jersey School Directory for Morris County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 29, 2016.
- Rockaway Valley School
- Boonton Township School District's 2015–16 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- School Data for the Boonton Township School District, National Center for Education Statistics