|Founded||2012Palo Alto, California, United States,|
|Founders||Sanjay Dastoor, John Ulmen, Matthew Tran|
|Jeff Russakow (CEO)|
In 2014, the original Boosted Board was renamed the Dual+, and two new models were announced: the Dual and the Single. The Dual and Single received new, upgraded software. The Dual+ also received the software following the announcement.
On May 19, 2016, the Boosted Board 2 was announced. Features included a swappable battery for an optional extended range battery, water resistance, 80mm Orangatang Kegel wheels, upgraded Bluetooth radio, an accessory port, and the ability to service and repair the board by the user. However, the Single model was cancelled and store credits to reservation holders to upgrade to Dual and Dual+ models.
According to former CEO Sanjay Dastoor, Boosted is looking into other products other than skateboards. On December 20, 2018, it was reported that the company, still based in Mountain View, had received $60 million in funding.
Kickstarter Boosted Boards
The first Boosted Boards were offered in a Kickstarter running from September 11, 2012 to October 11, 2012, collecting $467,167 with 1,110 backers.. The first boards shipped in February 2014.
First gen Boosted Boards
The official Boosted line-up was launched November 5, 2014 and consisted of three models.
|Boosted Single||Boosted Dual||Boosted Dual+|
|Top speed||18 mph||20 mph||22 mph|
|Power||1000 watt||1500 watt||2000 watt|
|Range||7 miles (11 km)||7 miles (11 km)||7 miles (11 km)|
|Hill climbing||15% grade||20% grade||25% grade|
|Wheel Size||Orangatang In Heat 75mm|
|Deck length||38.0" (96,5 cm)|
Second gen Boosted Boards
The second generation boards were announced on May 19th, 2016. The second generation features an upgrade to the electronics and drive train of the board. New boards featured modular components such as the motors, skid plates, ESC, and battery. Second generation was also launched with 2 battery sizes, the 99 watt-hour SR battery and the 199 watt-hour XR battery. Originally announced with a singe motor variant, the 2nd generation later discontinued development of this board due to an XR battery recall and subsequent shipping delays .
|Boosted Dual SR||Boosted Dual XR||Boosted Dual+ SR||Boosted Dual+ XR|
|Top speed||20 mph||22 mph|
|Power||1500 watt||2000 watt|
|Range||7 miles (11 km)||14 miles (22 km)||7 miles (11 km)||14 miles (22 km)|
|Recharge time||75 min||105 min||75 min||105 min|
|Hill climbing||20% grade||25% grade|
|Wheel Size||Orangatang Kegel 80mm|
|Deck length||38.0" (96,5 cm)|
|Weight||15.0 lbs (6,8 kg)||16.8 lbs (7,6 kg)||15.0 lbs (6,8 kg)||16.8 lbs (7,6 kg)|
Third gen Boosted Boards
The third generation Boosted Boards were introduced on April 17, 2018. The line exists of four models, with the Boosted Mini, a smaller electric skateboard. The major difference between 2nd gen and 3rd gen boards comes with their construction, as they now only use in house Boosted components (deck, wheels, trucks).
|Boosted Stealth||Boosted Plus||Boosted Mini X||Boosted Mini S|
|Top speed||24 mph (38 km/h)||22 mph (35 km/h)||20 mph (32 km/h)||18 mph (29 km/h)|
|Power||2100 watt||1000 watt|
|Range||14 miles (22 km)||7 miles (11 km)|
|Recharge time||105 min||75 min|
|Hill climbing||25% grade||20% grade|
|Wheels||Boosted Stratus 85mm||Boosted Lunar 80mm|
|Deck length||38.0" (96,5 cm)||29.5" (75,0 cm)|
|Weight||17.0 lbs (7,7 kg)||16.8 lbs (7,6 kg)||15.0 lbs (6,8 kg)|
- "Boosted Rolls Out Cheaper, Even More Dangerous Electric Skateboards". WIRED. Retrieved 2016-06-18.
- Lawler, Ryan (6 September 2012). "Stanford's StartX Incubator Says It's Number 2 In Funding Per Startup, With $80 Million Raised Over Two Years". TechCrunch. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- Dastoor, Sanjay, A skateboard, with a boost, retrieved 2016-06-18 boosted people: [OJG] Hülkérmôn
- "Boosted Boards - The World's Lightest Electric Vehicle". Kickstarter. Retrieved 2016-06-18.
- Jack, Robbie (2016-05-19). "Introducing the 2nd Generation Boosted Board - Boosted Boards". Retrieved 2016-07-31.
- "Extended Range Pack, Single, and International Update - Boosted Boards". Boosted Boards. 2017-01-31. Retrieved 2018-09-18.
- "Ama request Sanjay Dastoor • /r/boostedboards". reddit. Retrieved 2016-07-31.
- Cromwell Schubarth (December 20, 2018). "Electric skateboard startup Boosted scores $60M to develop new vehicle". Silicon Valley Business Journal. Retrieved December 23, 2018.
- "Boosted Boards - The World's Lightest Electric Vehicle". Kickstarter. Retrieved 2018-04-17.
- "Boosted Boards - 3 New Electric Skateboard Models Starting at $999". Boosted Boards. 2014-11-05. Retrieved 2018-04-17.
- "Introducing the 2nd Generation Boosted Board - Boosted Boards". Boosted Boards. 2016-05-19. Retrieved 2018-09-18.
- "The Next Generation of Boosted - Boosted Boards". Boosted Boards. 2018-04-17. Retrieved 2018-04-17.
- "Compare the New Boosted Boards - Boosted Boards". Boosted Boards. 2018-04-17. Retrieved 2018-04-17.
- "IRL: A closer look at Boosted Boards' Dual+ electric skateboard". Engadget. Retrieved 2016-06-18.
- Constine, Josh. "Feet-On With Boosted Boards' New Faster And Cheaper Electric Skateboards". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-06-18.
- Estes, Adam Clark. "The New Boosted Boards Are Actually Affordable (and Still Badass)". Gizmodo. Retrieved 2016-06-18.
- "Boosted Boards Boosted Dual+ Review - ElectricRideReview.com". Electric Ride Reviews & Ratings. Retrieved 2016-06-18.