|Founded||2012Palo Alto, California, United States,|
|Founders||Sanjay Dastoor, John Ulmen, Matthew Tran|
|Headquarters||Mountain View, California 94043, United States|
|Jeff Russakow (CEO)|
Boosted (formerly Boosted Boards) is an American manufacturer based in Mountain View, California. They are widely known for their electric skateboards, and for their coverage by American personality Casey Neistat.
In 2014, the original Boosted Board was renamed the Dual+, and two new models were announced: the Dual and the Single. The Dual and Single received new, upgraded software. The Dual+ also received the software following the announcement. All Kickstarter and pre-upgrade models of the Dual+ were upgraded with new software at no additional cost.
On May 19, 2016, the Boosted Board 2 was announced. Notable features include a swappable battery for an optional extended range battery, water resistance, 80mm Orangatang Kegel wheels, upgraded Bluetooth radio which is more secure and allows an additional device to be connected, an accessory port, and the ability to service and repair the board by the user. Shipping is slated for August 2016, beginning with the Dual+ model for customers in the United States and Canada, followed by the Dual and then the Single. However, the Single model has been delayed until early 2017. U.S and Canada orders will be fulfilled first, followed by international orders.
According to former CEO Sanjay Dastoor, Boosted is looking into other products other than skateboards, but Dastoor is unable to disclose information about future products.
Kickstarter Boosted Boards
The first Boosted Boards were offered in a Kickstarter running from September 11, 2012 to October 11, 2012, collecting $467,167 with 1,110 backers.. The first boards shipped in February 2014.
First gen Boosted Boards
The official Boosted line-up was launched November 5, 2014 and consisted of three models.
|Boosted Single||Boosted Dual||Boosted Dual+|
|Top speed||18 mph||20 mph||22 mph|
|Power||1000 watt||1500 watt||2000 watt|
|Hill climbing||15% grade||20% grade||25% grade|
Second gen Boosted Boards
Third gen Boosted Boards
|Boosted Stealth||Boosted Plus||Boosted Mini X||Boosted Mini S|
|Top speed||24 mph (38 km/h)||22 mph (35 km/h)||20 mph (32 km/h)||18 mph (29 km/h)|
|Power||2100 watt||1000 watt|
|Range||14 miles (22 km)||7 miles (11 km)|
|Recharge time||105 min||75 min|
|Hill climbing||25% grade||20% grade|
|Wheels||Boosted Stratus 85mm||Boosted Lunar 80mm|
|Deck length||38.0" (96,5 cm)||29.5" (75,0 cm)|
|Weight||17.0 lbs (7,7 kg)||16.8 lbs (7,6 kg)||15.0 lbs (6,8 kg)|
The original Boosted Board was criticized mainly for its price. At $2,000 it was seen as unaffordable. It was later bumped down to $1,499 following subsequent rebranding as the Dual+ in 2014.
- "Boosted Rolls Out Cheaper, Even More Dangerous Electric Skateboards". WIRED. Retrieved 2016-06-18.
- Lawler, Ryan (6 September 2012). "Stanford's StartX Incubator Says It's Number 2 In Funding Per Startup, With $80 Million Raised Over Two Years". TechCrunch. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- Dastoor, Sanjay, A skateboard, with a boost, retrieved 2016-06-18 boosted people: [OJG] Hülkérmôn
- "Boosted Boards - The World's Lightest Electric Vehicle". Kickstarter. Retrieved 2016-06-18.
- Jack, Robbie (2016-05-19). "Introducing the 2nd Generation Boosted Board - Boosted Boards". Retrieved 2016-07-31.
- "Pre-Order Shipping Update". Boosted Boards. Retrieved 2016-07-31.
- "Ama request Sanjay Dastoor • /r/boostedboards". reddit. Retrieved 2016-07-31.
- "Boosted Boards - The World's Lightest Electric Vehicle". Kickstarter. Retrieved 2018-04-17.
- "Boosted Boards - 3 New Electric Skateboard Models Starting at $999". Boosted Boards. 2014-11-05. Retrieved 2018-04-17.
- "The Next Generation of Boosted - Boosted Boards". Boosted Boards. 2018-04-17. Retrieved 2018-04-17.
- "Compare the New Boosted Boards - Boosted Boards". Boosted Boards. 2018-04-17. Retrieved 2018-04-17.
- "IRL: A closer look at Boosted Boards' Dual+ electric skateboard". Engadget. Retrieved 2016-06-18.
- Constine, Josh. "Feet-On With Boosted Boards' New Faster And Cheaper Electric Skateboards". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-06-18.
- Estes, Adam Clark. "The New Boosted Boards Are Actually Affordable (and Still Badass)". Gizmodo. Retrieved 2016-06-18.
- "Boosted Boards Boosted Dual+ Review - ElectricRideReview.com". Electric Ride Reviews & Ratings. Retrieved 2016-06-18.