Booth's Music is a music retail outlet in the oldest part of Bolton town centre, Churchgate, UK. The store sells sheet music, instruments and accessories and offers music tuition and repairs and servicing to instruments. It also features a recording studio.
James Booth established Booth's Music on Motel Street in 1832. The store was later moved to Churchgate. It is one of the oldest family businesses in the Bolton area, and among the oldest music retail shops in the world.
Booth's has remained in the same family, with Mr. James Booth being the great, great, great, great grandfather of the present owners. The shop operates from premises on Churchgate, in a neighbourhood with an extensive history.
Booth's sells and services, and gives advice about instruments of all origins including guitars, brass and woodwind, percussion, folk and ethnic instruments and stringed instruments. In recent years, tuition has been offered in studios built onto the shop premises  and the business also includes a recording studio under the name of "Talent Pool" 
Booth's Music presents local concerts featuring amateur and professional musicians, and organizes other local events related to music and musicians. In 2012 the store organized a neighbourhood festival to celebrate 180 years in business.
- Gordon Readyhough (1 January 1982). Bolton Town Centre: A Modern History: Deansgate, Victoria Square, Churchgate & Adjoining Areas from 1900 to 1982. Neil Richardson.
- "180 Years On: Booth’s Music Continues to Evolve | Business Boom Bolton" Archived 2013-01-21 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved on 2 October 2014.
- ""Very Valuable Freehold Public Houses". Manchester Courier and Lancashire General Advertiser - Tuesday 04 December 1877. (via British Newspaper Archives - subscription required)
- 'Music shop has a lot to celebrate' (2007) The Bolton News, 2007
- Mark Radcliffe (9 August 2011). Reelin' in the Years: The Soundtrack of a Northern Life. Simon and Schuster. pp. 5–. ISBN 978-1-84983-694-4.
- "Churchgate Bolton Heritage Trail"[permanent dead link]. Mills, Mines and Machinery.
- "Historic Churchgate". Bolton News.
- 'Shops 175 years of making great music' [permanent dead link] The Bolton News, 2007
- "Talented youngsters perform concert". Retrieved on 2 October 2014.
- 'Talent Pool recording opens doors to musicians' Archived March 8, 2012, at the Wayback Machine (2011)The Bolton News, 2011.
- "Chairman of BRIT Awards Judges Battle of the Bands". Retrieved on 2 October 2014.
- "Music shop pulls Wanderers sponsorship". Retrieved on 2 October 2014.
- "It's Not Looking Good For The Wanderers - Voice Of Bolton" Archived 2016-03-04 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved on 2 October 2014.
- "Hundreds enjoy Booth's Music event at Victoria Hall". The Bolton News.
- "Concertgoers dig deep for charity at music shop's annual Christmas event". The Bolton News, Melanie Wallwork / Thursday 24 December 2015
- "Buskathon in memory of well-known Bolton landlady". Bury Times.
- "Rock out for Easter! | University of Bolton" Archived 2010-05-24 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved on 2 October 2014.
- "The Churchgate Festival: Booth’s Music Celebrates 180 Years of Business! | Business Boom Bolton" Archived 2013-03-23 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved on 2 October 2014.
- Official website
- Booth's Music 'History' (2012) https://web.archive.org/web/20111122223630/http://www.boothsmusic.co.uk/history.html
- Ye Olde Man & Scythe "History" (2008) https://web.archive.org/web/20120130032055/http://yeoldemanandscythe.com/homepage2.html