Bootlegs & B-Sides
|Bootlegs & B-Sides|
|Compilation album by Ice Cube|
|Released||November 22, 1994|
|Recorded||1992 - 1994|
|Genre||West Coast Hip Hop, Gangsta Rap, G-Funk, Political Hip Hop, Hardcore Hip Hop|
|Producer||QD3, Madness 4 Real, Sir Jinx, Ice Cube|
|Ice Cube chronology|
Bootlegs & B-sides is a compilation album by Ice Cube, released on November 22, 1994.
Bootlegs & B-sides is the sixth studio album collection of b-sides and remixes compiled from various Ice Cube 12"s, originally recorded between 1992-1994. It includes the remix of the hit single "Check Yo Self", originally on The Predator album, and its b-side "24 Wit' An L". Production-wise, much of the album is very similar to the Lethal Injection album.
The compilation contains Cube's usual barrage of fiery social commentary, such as on the track "My Skin Is My Sin" where he raps:
- See you devils are all the same
- You'll gun down a congregation in Jesus' name
- Using me as a scapegoat, well cracker don't sleep
- Far from a goat, more like a black sheep
- Lamb of God, and its odd
- That Allah is a man that don't need a tan
The oddly titled "D'Voidofpopniggafiedmegamix" (a title which is a reference to a character, Sir Nose D'Voidoffunk in a Parliament comic which appeared in their Funkentelechy Vs. the Placebo Syndrome album) is a mix of several tracks taken from Ice Cube's first four albums. The title could be considered a reference to D'voidoffunk from the P-Funk mythology.
Many of the song versions were later included on later remastered proper Ice Cube albums.
- "Robbin' Hood (Cause It Ain't All Good)"
- "What Can I Do? (Remix)" (featuring Mack 10)
- "24 Wit' An L"
- "You Know How We Do It (Remix)"
- "2 N The Morning"
- "Check Yo Self (Remix)" (featuring Das EFX)
- "You Don't Wanna Fuck Wit These (Unreleased '93 Shit)"
- "Lil Ass Gee (Eerie Gumbo Remix)"
- "My Skin Is My Sin" (featuring WC)
- "It Was A Good Day (Remix)"
- "U Ain't Gonna Take My Life"
- "When I Get To Heaven (Remix)"
|US Billboard 200||19|
|US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums||3|
- Released: 1993
- B-side: 24 Wit' An L
- Released: 1994