Boots (The Killers song)
|Single by The Killers|
|from the album (RED) Christmas EP|
|Released||November 30, 2010|
|Format||CD single, digital download|
|Length||5:28 (single version)
4.43 (radio edit)
|Producer(s)||Stuart Price, Joe Chiccarelli, The Killers|
|The Killers singles chronology|
"Boots" is a Christmas song by Las Vegas rock band The Killers, which was released as a digital download on November 30, 2010, despite the band being on hiatus. All proceeds from the song go to AIDS charities as part of the (PRODUCT)RED campaign, headed by Bono and Bobby Shriver.
The song continues The Killers' tradition of releasing a Christmas song every year, and is the fifth consecutive annual Christmas song since 2006, the others being "A Great Big Sled", "Don't Shoot Me Santa", "Joseph, Better You Than Me" and "¡Happy Birthday Guadalupe!". Lead singer Brandon Flowers is quoted as saying, "Our Christmas single with (RED) is one of our traditions as a band. We didn't want to let it fall by the wayside just because we're on hiatus; this cause is too important".
All proceeds from the Christmas singles benefit the Product Red campaign.
This is the first Killers release to not feature their trademark neon light styled logo on the cover. Instead, the cover seems to be drawing inspiration from the DVD releases covers of the 1941 film Citizen Kane and other 1940s-era black-and-white film title card logos.
The song features dialogue from the Christmas movie It's a Wonderful Life.
The music video, directed by Jared Hess and T. C. Christensen, premiered exclusively on the Starbucks website on December 1, 2010 (World AIDS Day) with Starbucks paying $0.05 for every view towards the cause. The video begins with a clip of George Bailey praying from It's a Wonderful Life and features Brad Prowly aka "Super Bad Brad", a famous New York City street performer.
The song debuted at number three on the Billboard Holiday chart.
|UK Singles Chart||
|Billboard Hot 100||
- CD single
- "Boots" - 5:27
- "Killers Single-Latest". Clash. Retrieved April 5, 2011.
- "The Killers | News Story". Thekillersmusic.com. Retrieved 2010-12-07.
- "The Killers to release 2010 Christmas single despite hiatus | News". Nme.Com. Retrieved 2010-12-07.
- Nov 30th 2010 12:29PM by Nadine Cheung (2010-11-30). "The Killers, 'Boots' - New Song". AOL Radio Blog. Retrieved 2010-12-07.
- "This is the cover of a DVD release of Citizen Kane.".
- "this image is a still shot from the opening scene of Citizen Kane.".
- "Boots - The Killers". Vevo. Retrieved 2011-02-23.
- "Share a Red Cup of your favorite Holiday Coffee at Starbucks". Starbucks. Retrieved 2010-12-07.[dead link]
- (December 18, 2010), "HOLIDAY". Billboard. 122 (50):167
|This 2000s rock song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|