From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up BOP or bop in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
BOP or Bop may refer to:
- Bop, a smack, strike, or punch
- Bop, (to bop or boppin') a style to dance solo to rockabilly or blues music, common since the 1950s
- Bop, shortened form of Bebop, an early modern jazz developed in the 1940s
- hard bop, a style of jazz music that is extension of bebop (or "bop") music
- Bop, organised party or club night at many British universities
- Bop, west coast U.S. slang for whore
- Bop (magazine) an American magazine for teens
- Bop (song), a single by Dan Seals, released in 1986
- Bop, to drop to one's haunches or squat, as in 'bop down'.
- Bop (glass), a standing glass.
- Bop, a celestial body in Kerbal Space Program
- Bastards of Paleochora, a jam band from Europe
- Broken Orange Pekoe, a popular type of leaf tea
- Balance of power (disambiguation)
- Border Observation Post, United States Military Border Observation Post
- Bureau of Prisons, United States Bureau of Prisons
- Blowout preventer, a large valve used in oil or natural gas drilling
- Bird-of-paradise, a family of birds
- Border outpost, or border observation post
- Bird of prey, eagles, hawks, owls and other raptors
- B.O.P., Boy's Own Paper.
- BOP reagent, Benzotriazole-1-yl-oxy-tris-(dimethylamino)-phosphonium hexafluorophosphate
- Breach of the peace (common law)
- Best Operating Practice (used by Thames Water to describe operation of water and waste water treatment plants in the UK)
- Basic oxygen process, a method of steelmaking
- Balance of payments, measure of payments that flow between any individual country and all other countries
- Base or bottom of pyramid, the largest, but poorest socio-economic group
- Bay of Pigs, in Cuba; the site of the abortive Bay of Pigs Invasion by ex-Cubans, supported by the U.S.
- The Bay of Plenty region, New Zealand
- The Bay of Plenty, for which the region is named
- Bophuthatswana, South Africa
- Border Pacific Railroad, a short-line railroad headquartered in Rio Grande City, Texas, United States
- Bowes Park railway station, London, England; National Rail station code BOP
- Bop, South Sudan, a small village in South Sudan
- Brown Opera Productions, a student-run opera company at Brown University
- bleeding on probing, expression used by dentists to signify gingival (gum) bleeding on mechanical stimulation by a probe
- Buick, Oldsmobile, and Pontiac, an acronym denoting common parts and specifications across engine and automobile offerings from these three General Motors divisions
- Federal Bureau of Prisons, a branch of the U.S. Justice Department
- Businessowners policy, a type of insurance policy
- Balance of plant, a logical section in nuclear power plants and boiler control systems
- Bond order potential, a form of interatomic potential used, for example, in molecular dynamics simulations
- BIOS operation (bop), used as noun and verb, a technique to transition from 16-bit virtual x86 mode to 32-bit protected mode utilized by Microsoft's NTDOS
- BOP, binary protocol for a fast serialization of objects
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Bop.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.