Aéroport de Bordeaux-Mérignac
|Airport type||Public / Military|
|Owner/Operator||Aéroport de Bordeaux Mérignac (SA ADBM)|
|Focus city for|
|Elevation AMSL||162 ft / 49 m|
Aquitaine region in France
Source: French AIP
Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport (French: Aéroport de Bordeaux-Mérignac) (IATA: BOD, ICAO: LFBD) is the international airport of Bordeaux, in south-western France. It is situated in the commune of Mérignac, 12 km (7.5 mi) west of Bordeaux, within the département of the Gironde. In 2015, the airport served 5,289,638 passengers, making it the sixth-busiest airport in France in terms of passengers. It mainly features flights to metropolitan and leisure destinations in Europe and Northern Africa and serves as a base for Volotea.
As a consequence of the temporary closure of the Cazaux Air Base, the civil authorities have been forced to share the runway with the French Air Force since November 2005.
Bordeaux Airport features two passenger buildings:
- Hall A and Hall B are both part of the connected two-storey main building. The arrivals level is located on the ground floor while the check-in and departure areas are on the upper floor.
- Terminal billi is a designated separate facility for low cost carriers. It only consists of one floor and features small check-in and arrivals areas as well as a departures area equipped with six aircraft parking positions which are used by walk boarding. The main users of Terminal billi are easyJet and Ryanair.
Airlines and destinations
|ASL Airlines France||Paris-Charles de Gaulle|
operated by Exin
The airport is accessible by car via the A630 autoroute (exit 11b). There is also a shuttle by Jet'Bus shuttle serving the Bordeaux Saint-Jean railway station. Bus route 1+ of Transports Bordeaux Métropole also serves the city centre.
The Bordeaux tramway system is planned to link the airport with the city centre by the end of 2019.
- LFBD – BORDEAUX MÉRIGNAC. AIP from French Service d'information aéronautique, effective 22 June 2017.
- bordeaux.airport.com - Terminal map retrieved 14 February 2017
- (in French) Yves Maugue (2016-04-29). "Bordeaux : voici le tracé du tramway qui va desservir l'aéroport". Retrieved 2016-07-20.
Media related to Bordeaux - Mérignac Airport at Wikimedia Commons