Aéroport de Bordeaux-Mérignac
|Airport type||Public / Military|
|Owner/Operator||Aéroport de Bordeaux Mérignac (SA ADBM)|
|Focus city for|
|Elevation AMSL||162 ft / 49 m|
Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport (French: Aéroport de Bordeaux-Mérignac) (IATA: BOD, ICAO: LFBD) is the international airport of Bordeaux, in south-western France. It is situated in the commune of Mérignac, 12 km (7.5 mi) west of Bordeaux, within the département of the Gironde.
It mainly features flights to metropolitan and leisure destinations in Europe and Northern Africa and serves as a base for Volotea. Transatlantic service is operated on a seasonal basis by Air Transat nonstop to Montreal, Quebec in Canada.
Bordeaux Airport has three passenger buildings:
- Terminal A is mainly for international flights 
- Terminal B passenger air terminal has two levels and is principally dedicated to Air France traffic between Paris and Bordeaux.
- Terminal billi is a separate facility for low cost carriers. It has one floor and has small check-in and arrivals areas as well as a departures area with six aircraft parking positions which are used for walk boarding. Users of Terminal billi are easyJet, Ryanair and Wizz Air from 22 September 2017.
Airlines and destinations
The following airlines operate regular scheduled and charter flights from Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport:
|ASL Airlines France||Paris–Charles de Gaulle|
|DHL Aviation||Leipzig/Halle, Vitoria|
The airport is accessible by road via the A630 autoroute (exit 11b). There is a shuttle by 30'Direct shuttle serving the Bordeaux Saint-Jean railway station. Bus route 1+ of Transports Bordeaux Métropole serves the city centre.
The Bordeaux tramway system is planned to link the airport with the city centre by the end of 2019.
- "easyJet Media Centre". Mediacentre.easyjet.com. Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- (PDF). Societe.Bordeaux.Aeroport.fr https://www.bordeaux.aeroport.fr/sites/default/files/Dossier_de_presse_ADBM_bilan_2018.pdf. Retrieved 10 January 2019. Missing or empty
- Wood, Tony; Gunston, Bill (1977). Hitler's Luftwaffe. New York: Crescent Books. pp. 64–69&170–171. ISBN 0-517-22477-1.
- "Hall A - Bordeaux Mérignac Airport | Ingérop". Ingerop.fr. Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- "Réalisations". ADPI. Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- "Terminal billi Bordeaux illico | Bordeaux-Merignac Airport". Bordeaux.aeroport.fr. Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- "Press release" (PDF). www.bordeaux.aeroport.fr.
- "Destinations". Bordeaux-Merignac Airport. 4 April 2019.
- "Official Ryanair website". Ryanair DAC. 4 April 2019. Retrieved 4 April 2019.
- (in French) Yves Maugue (29 April 2016). "Bordeaux : voici le tracé du tramway qui va desservir l'aéroport". Retrieved 20 July 2016.
Media related to Bordeaux - Mérignac Airport at Wikimedia Commons