Aéroport de Bordeaux-Mérignac
|Airport type||Public / Military|
|Owner/Operator||Aéroport de Bordeaux Mérignac (SA ADBM)|
|Focus city for|
|Elevation AMSL||162 ft / 49 m|
Aquitaine region in France
Source: French AIP
Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport (French: Aéroport de Bordeaux-Mérignac) (IATA: BOD, ICAO: LFBD) is the international airport of Bordeaux, in south-western France. It is situated in the commune of Mérignac, 12 km (7.5 mi) west of Bordeaux, within the département of the Gironde. In 2016, the airport served 5,759,194 passengers, making it the sixth-busiest airport in France in terms of passengers . It mainly features flights to metropolitan and leisure destinations in Europe and Northern Africa and serves as a base for Volotea.
As a consequence of the temporary closure of the Cazaux Air Base, the civil authorities have been forced to share the runway with the French Air Force since November 2005.
Bordeaux Airport features three passenger buildings:
- Terminal A mainly for international flights 
- Terminal B The passenger air terminal features two levels and is principally dedicated to Air France traffic between Paris and Bordeaux. 
- Terminal billi is a designated separate facility for low cost carriers. It only consists of one floor and features small check-in and arrivals areas as well as a departures area equipped with six aircraft parking positions which are used by walk boarding.  Users of Terminal billi are easyJet, Ryanair and Wizz Air from 22 September 2017. 
Airlines and destinations
|ASL Airlines France||Paris-Charles de Gaulle|
operated by Exin
The airport is accessible by car via the A630 autoroute (exit 11b). There is also a shuttle by 30'Direct shuttle serving the Bordeaux Saint-Jean railway station. Bus route 1+ of Transports Bordeaux Métropole also serves the city centre.
The Bordeaux tramway system is planned to link the airport with the city centre by the end of 2019.
- LFBD – BORDEAUX MÉRIGNAC. AIP from French Service d'information aéronautique, effective 14 September 2017.
- (in French) Yves Maugue (2016-04-29). "Bordeaux : voici le tracé du tramway qui va desservir l'aéroport". Retrieved 2016-07-20.
Media related to Bordeaux - Mérignac Airport at Wikimedia Commons