Borden County Independent School District
|Borden County Independent School District|
|240 W Kincaid|
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Superintendent||Billy Collins Principal Bart McMeans|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||19.96 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 1A 6-man Football Division I|
|Colors||Red, Columbia Blue, White|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Exemplary|
|Website||Borden County ISD|
Borden County Independent School District is a public school district based in the community of Gail, Texas (USA). The district serves all of Borden County with the exception of a small southwestern portion, which is served by the Sands Consolidated Independent School District. A small portion of Howard County lies within the district.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $849,037,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.028 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "exemplary" by the Texas Education Agency. Five percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Exemplary
- 2010: Exemplary
- 2009: Exemplary
- 2008: Recognized
- 2007: Recognized
- 2006: Recognized
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Recognized
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district had students in two schools.
- Borden County School (Grades Pre-K-12)
- Lamesa DAEP (Grades 9-12)
Borden County High School participates in the boys sports of baseball, basketball, football, and wrestling. The school participates in the girls sports of basketball and softball. Borden High School plays six-man football. For the 2012 through 2014 school years, Borden County High School will play football in UIL Class 1A 6-man Football Division I.
State football championships
- 1997 - Texas 1A 6-man state champions
- 1998 - Texas 1A 6-man state runners-up
- 2008 - Texas 1A Division II 6-man state champions
- 2009 - Texas 1A Division II 6-man state champions
- 2011 - Texas 1A Division I 6-man state runners-up
- 2016 - Texas 1A Division I 6-man state champions
- 2017 - Texas 1A Division I 6-man state champions
- List of school districts in Texas
- List of high schools in Texas
- Farm to Market Road 669
- Llano Estacado
- West Texas
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Borden County ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Borden High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 24 August 2012. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Texas Six-Man State Championships". Retrieved 10 August 2012.