Borden Milk Products
|Products||Large variety of milk products, skim, low fat, chocolate and more.|
|Owner||ACON Investments, Laguna Dairy|
Borden Milk Products, L.P., is a privately held American dairy corporation.
National Dairy was formed in 2001 when a group of investors led by Dairy Farmers of America bought Crowley Foods and Marigold Foods (later renamed [[Kemps (company)}|Kemps]]. Later that year, National Dairy acquired 11 plants divested by Suiza Foods as part of its merger with Dean Foods. National Dairy acquired Alabama's Dairy Fresh and Colorado's Sinton Dairy in 2003. HP Hood acquired Crowley and Kemps from National Dairy in 2004.
In 2009, Grupo Lala of Mexico acquired National Dairy from DFA. Also in 2009, Lala acquired Farmland Dairies. In 2010 National Dairy sold Utah's Cream O' Weber to Darigold. In 2011, Laguna Dairy, consisting of Lala's US operations, was separated from Lala in preparation for an IPO. In 2017, ACON Investments became the majority owner of the Borden dairy business.
Borden Milk Products' items are available in the following U.S. states: Alabama, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Tennessee,Texas and Ohio. The Borden Milk Products has been around for over 150 years, and is known for its processing and distribution of dairy products produced in regionally located facilities. In Ohio, Borden also goes under the Dairymens label.
Elsie the Cow
Elsie the Cow is Borden Dairy Products’ spokescow that is used for the label on the products. She was first introduced in 1937. In 2000, Advertising Age recognized Elsie the Cow as one of the top 10 advertising icons of all time. Elsie has now been around for over 70 years.
Selena Gomez was a spokesperson for Borden Milk and is also featured in the campaign's print and television ads. She was chosen to keep up with the modern family. When she was the spokesperson, she was also the star of the show Wizards of Waverly Place.
Borden Milk Products produces and sells the following products of milk:
- Vitamin D
- 2% Reduced Fat
- 1% Lowfat
- Fat Free Skim
- Dutch Chocolate
- Dutch Chocolate 1%
- Lite Line
- Kid Builder
- Hi Protein
The Borden Milk Products can be located in the states of Alabama, Colorado, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas, Tennessee and Ohio. Within these states, these products are sold in the stores and marts that mainly include Cain's, Calhoun Foods, Food World, Fresh Market, Greer's, Kmart, Magnolia Super Foods, Pic-N-Sav, Piggly Wiggly, Marcs, Aldi, CVS, Dave’s Supermarkets, Publix Supermarkets, Rainbow Foods, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Walmart, and Winn Dixie.
- "Elsie Borden." Trademark Nos. 77034096; 77104776; 76591578; 3271334. United States Patent and Trademark Office. July 31, 2007.
- "Marigold Foods, Crowley Foods sold | Dairy Herd Management". Retrieved 2018-07-22.
- "Dean Foods - Suiza Foods and Dean Foods Complete Merger". Retrieved 2018-07-22.
- Amy, Jeff. "Dairy Fresh to close Prichard, Ala., milk plant". AL.com. Retrieved 2018-07-22.
- "National Dairy Buys Sinton". Retrieved 2018-07-22.
- "HP Hood Acquires Crowley and Kemps". Retrieved 2018-07-22.
- "GRUPO LALA Purchases National Dairy from DFA | Dairy Farmers of America". Retrieved 2018-07-22.
- "Lala acquires Farmland Dairies". Retrieved 2018-07-22.
- "Cream O' Weber sold to Darigold Inc., financial terms not disclosed | Local News Story | Real Estate News Utah". Retrieved 2018-07-22.
- "Got IPO? Mexican dairy looks to go public". Financial Times. 2013-09-23. Retrieved 2018-07-22.
- dairyreporter.com. "Borden Dairy taken over by ACON investment company". dairyreporter.com. Retrieved 2018-07-22.
- "Borden Dairy: Where To Buy". bordendairy.com. 2012. Retrieved May 20, 2012.
- "ABOUT BORDEN DAIRY COMPANY" (PDF). Borden Dairy Press Kit. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- "About Elsie the Cow" (PDF). Borden Dairy Press Kit. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- "Borden Gives the Dairy Case a Fresh Look". BLOOMBERG. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- "Pour Your Kid a Smile". Borden Dairy. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- "WHERE TO BUY". Borden Dairy. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
|This brand-name food or drink product–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|