Bordentown Military Institute
The Bordentown Military Institute was a private high school in Bordentown, New Jersey, United States, from 1881 to 1973.
The institute was created in 1881, when Reverend William Bowen purchased the Spring Villa Female Seminary building and reopened it as the Bordentown Military Institute. In 1972, it was merged with the Lenox School in Lenox, Massachusetts. The combined entity was shut down the following year as the Vietnam War reduced the popularity of a military education.
- Willard Dickerman Straight (1880–1918)
- Mario Carlo Tucci (born September 1928), owner of Delmonico's Restaurant, New York
- Barry T. Parker (born December 12, 1932)
- Nicholas S. H. Krawciw (born November 28, 1935)
- Chris Short (born September 19, 1937), Major League Baseball pitcher 
- Floyd Little (born July 4, 1942), NFL Hall of Fame running back
- Joe Plumeri (born July 7, 1943), Chairman & CEO of Willis Group Holdings, and owner of the Trenton Thunder
- Stan Walters (born May 27, 1948), Former NFL Offensive Tackle
- Robert William Duncan, Jr. (born July 5, 1948)
- Paul Boudreau (born December 30, 1949), NFL Offensive Line Coach
- Douglas Palmer (born October 19, 1951)
- "Bordentown Military Institute Alumni Association". Bordentown Military Institute Alumni Association. Retrieved March 22, 2010.
Founded in 1881, the Bordentown Military Institute operated as an independent military school in Bordentown, New Jersey, for 91 years. In 1972, it merged with the Lenox School in Lenox, Massachusetts. Bordentown/Lenox was in existence for only one year, however, closing its doors completely in June 1973.
- Chris Short biography from the SABR Baseball Biography Project
- http://media.atlantafalcons.com/assets/Boudreau_Paul.pdf[permanent dead link]
- "Douglas Palmer". City Mayors. Retrieved March 22, 2010.
Douglas Palmer was born in Trenton and attended Trenton Public Schools. He then graduated from Bordentown Military Institute in Bordentown, New Jersey. He is a graduate of Virginia’s private black college Hampton University, where he received a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management in 1973. ...