Border (cricket team)
- Currie Cup (0) - ; shared (0) -
- Standard Bank Cup (0) -
- South African Airways Provincial Three-Day Challenge (0) -
- South African Airways Provincial One-Day Challenge (0) -
Border have usually been one of the weaker teams in South Africa. From their initial first-class match in 1897-98 until the end of the 2017-18 season they had played 584 matches, resulting in 173 wins, 241 losses, one tie, and 169 draws. Border hold the record for the lowest aggregate score by a first class side in a match. During a Currie Cup match against Natal at Jan Smuts Ground in 1959-60, Border scored only 34 runs in the match - 16 in the first innings and 18 in the second innings.
In November 2017, Marco Marais scored 300 not out from 191 deliveries, batting for Border against Eastern Province in the 2017–18 Sunfoil 3-Day Cup. This was the fastest triple century in first-class cricket, the ninth triple century in first-class cricket in South Africa and the first in the country since 2010.
Venues have included:
- Victoria Ground, King William's Town (occasional venue November 1903 – March 1958)
- Jan Smuts Ground, East London (main home ground March 1907 – January 1988)
- Victoria Recreation Ground, Queenstown (alternative venue March 1907 – November 1962)
- Cambridge Recreation Ground, East London (short-term venue December 1947 – January 1948)
- Buffalo Park, East London (main home ground October 1988 – present)
Contracted players for the 2018/19 season:
|Name||Nat||Birth date||Batting style||Bowling style||Notes|
|Mkhululi Calana||19 January 1993||Left-handed||Right arm medium-fast|
|Marco Marais||17 October 1993||Right-handed||Right arm medium-fast|
|Jerry Nqolo||23 July 1991||Right-handed||Right arm medium||Captain|
|Somila Seyibokwe||31 October 1987||Right-handed||Right arm medium|
|Mncedisi Malika||12 June 1997||Left-handed|
|Malwande Zamo||9 January 1997||Right-handed||Right arm fast-medium|
|Bongolwethu Makeleni||5 February 1994||Right-handed||Right arm leg break|
|Jason Niemand||30 November 1998||Right-handed||Right arm off break|
|Clayton Bosch||10 November 1992||Right-handed||Right arm medium|
|Phaphama Fojela||28 August 1984||Right-handed||Right arm medium-fast|
|Bamanye Xenxe||25 May 1997||Right-handed||Right arm Fast|
- "Playing Record". CricketArchive. Retrieved 27 August 2018.
- Frindall, Bill, “Wisden Book of Cricket Records”, 4th edition, Headline Publishing, London, 1998
- "Currie Cup, 1959/60, Border v Natal". Cricinfo. Retrieved 1 August 2017.
- "Pool A, Sunfoil 3-Day Cup at East London, Nov 23-25 2017". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- "Marco Marais smashes the fastest triple ton in first-class cricket". CricTracker. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- "Border in spin on Koopman loss". Daily Dispatch. 26 July 2018. p. 24.
- South African Cricket Annual – various editions
- Wisden Cricketers' Almanack – various editions
- Border at CricketArchive
|This article about a cricket team is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a South African sports club is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|