Border Communities Against Brexit
Border Communities Against Brexit (BCAB) is an organisation which seeks to protect people who live close to the border between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland from the claimed negative consequences of Brexit. The organisation is active in both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
On 8 October 2016 six protests took place along the border. One protest took place at Carrickcarnon, Dundalk where a mock customs checkpoint was set up. About 150 protesters gathered at the border between Belcoo in Co Fermanagh and Blacklion in Co Cavan. There were also protests at Moybridge between Tyrone and Monaghan, Aghalane between Fermanagh and Cavan and Lifford Bridge between Tyrone and Donegal.
- Concerned local anti-Brexit group formed
- Brexit protesters set up mock checkpoint on border
- Protesters against Brexit gather in Cavan and Fermanagh
- Priest to lead Border communities’ protest over Brexit
- "Stormont protest over Brexit warns against hard border". rte.ie.