Nullarbor, South Australia
Rooey II and the roadhouse, 2017
|Time zone||CWST (UTC+8:45)|
|LGA(s)||Outback Communities Authority|
The settlement, which is 12 km east of Eucla, was named in 1993 by the South Australian Geographical Names Advisory Committee following a suggestion provided by the Royal Automobile Club of Western Australia. The settlement is located about 5 kilometres (3.1 mi) north of the cliff line separating the Nullarbor Plain from the Great Australian Bight.
As of 2004, the settlement offered services to travellers and visitors to Nullarbor including:
Motel, cabin and caravan accommodation, a restaurant which opens from 6.00 a.m. - 10.00 p.m., a takeaway service which is open from 6.00 a.m. - 11.00 p.m., full garage service and a desalination plant which provides fresh water.
The settlement is one of five that uses the Central Western Standard Time (UTC+08:45). It is also the only place in South Australia where Daylight Saving Time is not in use.
- "Search results for 'Border Village, LOCU' with the following datasets being selected - 'Suburbs and Localities', 'Counties', 'Local Government Areas', 'SA Government Regions' and 'Gazetteer'". Location SA Map Viewer. Government of South Australia. Retrieved 7 January 2019.
- Page 1 0 OUTBACK COMMUNITIESAUTHORITYAnnual Report2011 - 12 HOUSE OF ASSEMBLYLAID ON THE TABLE 27 November 2013 Page 2 1 OUTBACK COMMUNITIESAUTHORITY Annual Report 2011 - 12. Government of South Australia. 2013. p. 53. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- "District of Flinders Background Profile". Electoral Commission SA. Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- "Federal electoral division of Grey, boundary gazetted 16 December 2011" (PDF). Australian Electoral Commission. Retrieved 20 August 2015.
- "Border Village". Sydney Morning Herald. 8 February 2004. Retrieved 2 January 2013.
- "Search result for " Nullarbor (LOCU)" (Record no SA0008549)". Department of Planning Transport and Infrastructure. Archived from the original on 12 October 2016. Retrieved 22 September 2015.
- "Search result(s) for "Border Village, LOCA" with the following data sets being selected - "Suburbs and Localities", "NPW and Conservation Reserve Boundaries", and "SA Government Regions"". Location SA Map Viewer. Government of South Australia. Retrieved 27 April 2017.
- "Hole 6: Border Kangaroo". Nullarbor Links. Eyre Highway Operators Association. Retrieved 2 January 2013.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Border Village.|
Media related to Border Village at Wikimedia Commons