Borderland, West Virginia
|Borderland, West Virginia|
|Elevation||653 ft (199 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|Area code(s)||304 & 681|
|GNIS feature ID||1553952|
Borderland is an unincorporated community in Mingo County, West Virginia, United States. Borderland is located along the Tug Fork and U.S. Routes 52 and 119 3 miles (4.8 km) northwest of Williamson. Borderland had a post office, which opened on March 6, 1905, and closed on June 20, 2009.
The community may be named on account of its location near the Kentucky border.
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Borderland has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
- United States Postal Service (2012). "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- "Borderland". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Postmaster Finder - Post Offices by ZIP Code". United States Postal Service. Retrieved November 10, 2011.
- Kenny, Hamill (1945). West Virginia Place Names: Their Origin and Meaning, Including the Nomenclature of the Streams and Mountains. Piedmont, WV: The Place Name Press. p. 126.
- Climate Summary for Borderland, West Virginia
|This article about a location in Mingo County, West Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|