Borders of Poland
The Borders of Poland are 3511 or 3582 kilometers long. The neighboring countries are Germany to the west, the Czech Republic and Slovakia to the south, Ukraine and Belarus to the east, and Lithuania and the Russian province of Kaliningrad Oblast to the northeast. To the north, Poland is bordered by the Baltic Sea.
Breakdown of border lengths per entity
- Czech Republic-Poland border: 796km or 790km
- Poland-Slovakia border: 541km or 539km
- Poland-Ukraine border: 535km or 529km
- Germany-Poland border: 467km
- Belarus-Poland border: 418km or 416km
- Poland-Russia border (Kaliningrad Oblast): 210km
- Lithuania-Poland border: 104km or 103km
- sea (Baltic Sea): 440km or 528km
Polish coastal line is 770km long.
Major border crossings
After accession of Poland to the European Union in 2004, border crossings with EU states (Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Lithuania) were made redundant. Infrastructure remains in place, but its systematic use and the controls are no longer allowed by the Schengen agreement.
with the Czech Republic
Historically, Poland also had borders (and border crossings) with former countries, or with countries that no longer share a common border with Poland:
- former countries: Czechoslovakia, Soviet Union, East Germany
- countries which once shared a common border with Poland: Romania, Hungary, Latvia
with Russia (Kaliningrad)
- Territorial changes of Poland
- Border Guard (Poland)
- Extreme points of Poland
- Geography of Poland
- Polish border crossings
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Borders of Poland.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Maps of Poland.|
- "WARUNKI NATURALNE I OCHRONA ŚRODOWISKA (ENVIRONMENT AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION)". MAŁY ROCZNIK STATYSTYCZNY POLSKI 2013 (CONCISE STATISTICAL YEARBOOK OF POLAND 2013) (in Polish and English). GŁÓWNY URZĄD STATYSTYCZNY. 2013. p. 26. ISSN 1640-3630.
- (Polish) Informacje o Polsce - informacje ogólne (archive.org). Page gives Polish PWN Encyklopedia as reference.
- Ustawa z dnia 29 czerwca 2007 r. o zmianie ustawy o ochronie granicy państwowej oraz ustawy o zmianie ustawy o Straży Granicznej oraz niektórych innych ustaw. Dziennik Ustaw, 2007, numer 140. pozycja 982
|This Poland-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|