Boreen Point, Queensland
Main Beach, Boreen Point (Note dark Tannin discolouration of the water)
|Population||264 (2011 census)|
|• Density||660/km2 (1,710/sq mi)|
|Area||0.4 km2 (0.2 sq mi)|
|Location||26 km (16 mi) NW of Noosa Heads|
|LGA(s)||Shire of Noosa|
|Federal Division(s)||Wide Bay|
Boreen Point is a locality north of Tewantin on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia. It is within the local government area of Shire of Noosa (between 2008 and 2013 it was within Sunshine Coast Region). At the 2011 Australian Census Boreen Point recorded a population of 264. The town of Boreen is located within the locality beside the lake, but the town name is rarely used with Boreen Point being the name in common usage.
One of Boreen Point's major attractions is Lake Cootharaba, a very large, shallow lake that is recognised nationally for its fantastic weather for sailing and windsurfing. The lake leads from the Noosa River and also up to national parks.
The Shire of Noosa operates a mobile library service on a weekly schedule in Orchard Avenue.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Boreen Point (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 29 August 2015.
- "Boreen Point - locality (entry 48538)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 25 June 2017.
- "Boreen Point - town in Shire of Noosa (entry 3882)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 7 July 2017.
- South East Queensland - Place Names Archived 22 August 2006 at the Wayback Machine 16 December 2006
- "Noosa Mobile Library - Mobile Stops - Noosa Mobile Hours". Shire of Noosa. Retrieved 19 January 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Boreen Point, Queensland.|
|This article about the geography of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|