Coat of arms of Borgarbyggð
Location of Borgarbyggð
|Mayor||Gunnlaugur Auðunn Júlíusson|
|Area||4,926 km2 (1,902 sq mi)|
|Population||3,637 (1 January 2016)|
|Density||0.72/km2 (1.9/sq mi)|
|Postal code(s)||310, 311, 320|
The biggest township in the municipality is Borgarnes, with a population of 1,887 inhabitants. Other densely populated areas in the municipality include Bifröst, Hvanneyri, Kleppjárnsreykir, Reykholt and Varmaland.
There are two universities in Borgarbyggð; Bifröst University in Bifröst and the Agricultural University of Iceland in Hvanneyri. There is a secondary school in Borgarnes, Menntaskóli Borgarfjarðar. The municipality runs two primary schools; one is in Borgarnes and the other has three separate facilities in Hvanneyri, Kleppjárnsreykir and Varmaland. The municipality also runs a music school in Borgarnes.
- "Gunnlaugur nýr sveitarstjóri Borgarbyggðar" (in Icelandic). mbl.is. 17 March 2016. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- "Population by municipality, age and sex 1998-2016 - Division into municipalites as of 1 January 2016". Statistics Iceland (Hagstofa Íslands). 1 January 2016. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- "Population by locality, age and sex 1 January 2011-2016". Statistics Iceland (Hagstofa Íslands). 1 January 2016. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- "Web maps of the National Land Survery of Iceland" (in Icelandic). National Land Survey of Iceland (Landmælingar Íslands). Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- "Upplýsingar um Borgarbyggð (Information about Borgarbyggð)" (in Icelandic). Borgarbyggð municipality. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
|This Iceland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|