Borger Independent School District
|Independent School District|
|200 E. 9th St.|
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||208.01 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||13.53 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 3A Football & Basketball|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Academically Acceptable|
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $548,516,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.029 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "academically acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency. Forty-nine percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Academically Acceptable
- 2010: Academically Acceptable
- 2009: Academically Acceptable
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district operated seven schools.
- Borger High (Grades 9-12)
- Borger Middle (Grades 6-8)
- Borger Intermediate (Grade 5)
- Crockett (Grade 3-4)
* Gateway (1-2)
- Paul Belton Early Childhood Center (Grades PK-
Borger High School participates in the boys sports of baseball, basketball, football, tennis, soccer, and wrestling golf Track. The school participates in the girls sports of basketball, tennis, soccer, softball, and volleyball golf, track. For the 2012 through 2013 school years, Borger High School will play football and basketball in UIL Class 3A.
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Borger ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Borger High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 24 August 2012. Retrieved 10 August 2012.