|Comune di Brescia|
|Province / Metropolitan city||Brescia (BS)|
|• Total||8 km2 (3 sq mi)|
|Elevation||112 m (367 ft)|
|• Density||1,200/km2 (3,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Patron saint||Santa Maria Annunciata|
|Saint day||25 March|
Borgosatollo (Borsadòl in Lombard language) is a comune in the province of Brescia, in Lombardy. It is bounded by other communes of Brescia, Castenedolo, Montirone, Poncarale and San Zeno Naviglio, and situated directly south of Brescia, in the plain.
Borgosatollo's area include also two frazioni, Gerole and Piffione.
The coat of arms of the town was established by Royal Decree of August 28, 1931 following a request made last year by the municipal administration to the Heraldic Florence on the basis of a representation in stone placed on the arch of the entrance of the municipal building. The shield is an sannitico type, stamped by the crown of Italian municipalities regulate, and depicts a sheep rampant on blue. The two branches are in decusse laurel, left, and oak, right, both presented with fruits.
In the territory of Borgosatollo, alongside Italian, is also spoken the Lombard language primarily in its variant of Brescia dialect.
The municipal statute recognizes the presence of two frazioni:
In the territory of the municipality are the following locations: Colombo, Fuserino, Gorgone, Pradossi, Sorek, Venezia.
Church of Santissima Trinità
The church of the Holy Trinity is a building design with a single nave. It is located on the driveway for Ghedi and is dedicated to the Christian dogma of the Trinity.
St. Michael the Archangel
Build around the thirteenth century, is now on road 23 between Borgosatollo and Montirone.
The Borgosatollo's area is cross by Brescia-Parma railway. Until the early twentieth century, it was running a train station, later abandoned and converted into a private residence.
- ISTAT Archived March 3, 2016, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Toponimi in dialetto bresciano".
- A.A., V.V. (1996). Dizionario di toponomastica. Storia e significato dei nomi geografici italiani. Milano: GARZANTI.
- "Borgosatollo: comuni limitrofi".
- Giacomo Danesi, "Ricerca araldica dello stemma comunale",Borgosatollo, Comune di Borgosatollo, 2006
- Guido Bosio, "Origini e famiglie in Borgosatollo ieri e oggi" - Il territorio e la società, Brescia, Fondazione Civiltà Bresciana, 2006, pp. 67-227, ISBN 88-86670-71-0.
- Articolo 2 Statuto comunale di Borgosatollo.
- Attilio Mazza (1986). Il Bresciano - Volume IV. La pianura. Bergamo: Bortolotti. pp. 278–279.
- Giannetto Valzelli, (2006). Voci della memoria in Borgosatollo ieri e oggi - Il territorio e la società. Brescia: Fondazione Civiltà Bresciana,. pp. 11–63.
|This article on a location in the Province of Brescia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|