|Founded||May 21, 2008|
|Christian Borgward (Chairman), Ulrich Walker (CEO), Jason Yang|
|Total equity||Christian Borgward|
Karlheinz L. Knöss
Borgward Group AG is a German-based, Chinese automobile brand established in May, 2008. The company is headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany, and carries the identity of former German brand Borgward. It has started its business with a fleet of conventional SUVs with German design and engineering, with sales reaching approx. 75,000 units by January 2018 and has branches in China, Russia, India, Brazil and Mexico. However, the company aspires to become one of the leading electric-vehicle manufacturers in the next decade. Full electric models, BXi7 and GT SUV BX6 were officially launched on May 9, 2018, in Beijing, China, and at the Frankfurt Motor Show 2017 presented the Isabella concept, its vision of a full-electric 4-door coupé.
Borgward currently employs nearly 5,500 people globally and has more than 2,300 engineers. It has the independent development capability of complete vehicles, engines and new energy. The vehicle intelligent manufacturing plant and engine factory with flexible production of 8 models have dual production qualifications for traditional energy and new energy vehicles.
Christian Borgward owns the brand Borgward. Borgward Group AG is responsible for the development, production, sales and marketing of Borgward cars, ships and aircraft.
In 2005[dubious ] Christian Borgward (grandson of Carl F. W. Borgward) as president and Karlheinz L. Knöss as CEO and vice president of the supervisory board started the revival of Borgward. They started the development of the new Borgward automobiles with Roland Sternmann (Designer) and Benjamin Nawka (Designer), set up the organisation and engineer team and developed several car concepts. On May 21, 2008, Borgward and Knöss founded Borgward Group AG in Lucerne (Switzerland), later relocating to Stuttgart (Germany).
The Borgward Group secured investments and production knowledge of Beiqi Foton Motor (a subsidiary of BAIC), one of the largest Chinese automotive corporations. Foton is currently Borgward's sole investor, but both companies have repeatedly announced that the ownership structure may change over time.
The Borgward BX7 SUV was introduced at the IAA, Frankfurt in September 2015. and sales in China started in July 2016. The company has since developed several other new models, including the BX7 TS, BX5 and BX6 SUVs.
- Borgward BX6 (SUV Coupe)
- Borgward Isabella Concept (2017)
- Borgward BXi7 (Electric Vehicle, SUV)
- "Borgward Isabella concept is a radical preview of the company's electric future", Auto Week, 13 September 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-08-01. Retrieved 2010-04-15.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Peter Homola, "Family considers revival of Borgward brand", Wards Auto, 19 April 2005.
- "Handelsregister des Kantons Luzern". Hralu.ch. 2008-06-24. Retrieved 2010-06-12.[dead link]
- Harry Pretzlaff, „Vier große Anteilseigner sind besser als einer“, Stuttgarter Zeitung, 17 December 2017.
- Kalogianni, Alexander (9 February 2015). "Borgward heralds its return after 50 years with Geneva Auto Show announcement". Digital Trends. Retrieved 14 February 2015.
- "German maker Borgward is back!". Topgear. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- Coyle, John (28 February 2015). "China's Foton Set To Launch Revival Of Borgward At The Geneva Motor Show". Motor Authority. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-04-23. Retrieved 2015-09-18.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)