|Full name||Boris Avrukh|
|Born||February 10, 1978|
Karaganda, Soviet Union
|FIDE rating||2567 (January 2021) |
(No. 138 on the November 2010 FIDE ratings list)
|Peak rating||2668 (September 2009)|
Boris Leonidovich Avrukh (Hebrew: בוריס ליאונידוביץ' אברוך; Russian: Борис Леонидович Аврух; born 10 February 1978 in Karaganda, Soviet Union) is an Israeli chess grandmaster. He was the World Under-12 champion in 1990.
- In 1998, at second reserve board at the 33rd Chess Olympiad in Elista (+7 –1 =2);
- In 2000, at third board at the 34th Chess Olympiad in Istanbul (+5 –2 =4);
- In 2002, at first reserve board at the 35th Chess Olympiad in Bled (+3 –3 =3);
- In 2004, at fourth board at the 36th Chess Olympiad in Calvià (+5 –0 =5);
- In 2006, at fourth board at the 37th Chess Olympiad in Turin (+6 –1 =3).
- In 2008, at second/third boards at the 38th Chess Olympiad in Dresden (+2 –2 =4).
He won individual gold medal at Elista 1998 and bronze medal at Turin 2006. He won a team silver medal at Dresden 2008.
In 1999, he tied for 5-6th with Alexander Huzman in Tel Aviv (Boris Gelfand, Ilia Smirin, and Lev Psakhis won). In 2000, he tied for 1st-2nd with Huzman in Biel and took 6th in Haifa (Wydra Tournament; Viswanathan Anand won). In 2001, he won in Biel. In 2004, he tied for 8-9th in Beer Sheva Rapid (Viktor Korchnoi won). In 2009 he tied for first with Alexander Areshchenko in the Zurich Jubilee Open tournament.
Avrukh has twice won the Israeli Chess Championship; in 2000 (tied with Alik Gershon) and 2008. He took part in the FIDE World Chess Championship 2002, but was knocked out in the first round by Bartłomiej Macieja.
Avrukh has published several books, including The Classical Slav.
- Avrukh, Boris team chess record at olimpbase.org
- "Areshchenko wins Zurich Jubilee on tiebreak". ChessVibes. 2009-08-16. Archived from the original on 20 August 2009. Retrieved 10 May 2010.
- "World Chess Championship 2001-02 FIDE Knockout Matches". Mark-Weeks.com. Retrieved 17 April 2011.
- "Grandmaster Interview with Boris Avrukh". Chess Videos, Chess DVDs, Chess Software and more. 2012-01-18. Retrieved 2017-12-04.