|No. 14 Montreal Alouettes|
Bede in 2015
November 20, 1989|
|Height||6 ft 4 in (193 cm)|
|Weight||225 lb (102 kg)|
|High school||Framingham (MA)|
|CFL East All-Star||2015|
Boris Bede (born November 20, 1989) is a French-born Canadian football placekicker and punter for the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League (CFL). He first enrolled at Tiffin University before transferring to Université Laval. Bede has been nicknamed "Boom Boom" for his strong leg on kickoffs and punts.
Bede was born in Toulon, France and grew up playing soccer. He arrived in the United States in 2005 and played American football at Framingham High School in Framingham, Massachusetts. He also participated in soccer and track and field for the Flyers.
In the summer of 2011, Bede was on the verge of playing soccer for the Sherbrooke Vert et Or of the Université de Sherbrooke before deciding to play Canadian football at Université Laval. He played for the Laval Rouge et Or from 2011 to 2014. He made 63 of his 78 field goal attempts, including a career-long 44-yarder in 2013, during his college career. Bede also accumulated 39.4 yards per punt on 292 punts. He was named to the RSEQ All-Star team in 2012, 2013 and 2014. He was also named the Quebec Conference's special teams player of the year in 2014. Bede helped the Rouge et Or win the 48th Vanier Cup in 2012 and the 49th Vanier Cup in 2013 after the Rouge et Or lost the 47th Vanier Cup in 2011.
Bede signed with the Montreal Alouettes of the CFL on February 19, 2015. He attempted and later made the first 32-yard extra point in the league's history on June 25, 2015. Bede had a very successful first season in the CFL, converting 36 out of 40 field goal attempts (90% success rate, second highest in the league); he did however miss on 6 of 31, extra-point converts. For his efforts, he was named a CFL East All-Star in his rookie season. Boris Bede struggled mightily at the start of the 2016 season and was effectively benched by the Alouettes' seventh game of the season, having made only 7 out of 16 field goal attempts, before returning as the starting kicker by the Alouettes' 15th game of the season.
Bede's father, Alain Bédé, played for the Ivory Coast national football team. His brother Kévin Baillili played football, in French lower leagues for Evry FC, SC Toulon-Le Las, AS Poissy as well the second team of Paris St Germain and more recently for Trois-Bassins FC of Réunion.
- Bossé, Oliver (November 2, 2013). "Du foot au foot, c'est le pied pour Boris Bede". lapresse.ca. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- "BORIS BEDE". berecruited.com. Archived from the original on September 5, 2015. Retrieved September 5, 2015.
- Richard, Mylène (February 19, 2015). "BORIS BEDE, DU SOCCER AUX ALOUETTES". tvasports.ca. Retrieved September 5, 2015.
- "Boris Bede". athletic.net. Archived from the original on September 5, 2015. Retrieved September 5, 2015.
- Tardif, Jean-François (August 15, 2011). "Boris Bede avec le Rouge et Or grâce à Facebook". lapresse.ca. Retrieved September 5, 2015.
- "Boris Bede". cfbreference.com. Retrieved September 5, 2015.
- "BORIS BEDE". gotiffindragons.com. Retrieved September 5, 2015.
- "2010 Tiffin University Football Media Guide". issuu.com. 2010. p. 14. Archived from the original on September 5, 2015. Retrieved September 5, 2015.
- "Williams, Bede earn Honorable Mention All-GLIAC". gotiffindragons.com. November 11, 2009. Archived from the original on September 5, 2015. Retrieved September 5, 2015.
- "ALOUETTES SIGN ROUGE ET OR KICKER BORIS BEDE". montrealalouettes.com. February 19, 2015. Archived from the original on September 1, 2015. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- McKeon, John (February 27, 2015). "France's Boris Bede signs with the CFL's Montreal Alouettes". americanfootballinternational.com. Archived from the original on September 1, 2015. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- Waldstein, David (August 15, 2015). "As N.F.L. Prepares for Longer Extra Points, C.F.L. Offers a Preview". nytimes.com. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- "Alouettes add kicker Fera, punt Bede to injured list". 2016-08-09. Retrieved 2016-08-11.
- Le parcours atypique de Boris Bede | Le Journal de Montréal
- Foot express - Clicanoo.re