||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Birth name||Boris Dlugosch|
|Associated acts||Mousse T., Michi Lange, Gary D.|
Boris Dlugosch is a house music producer from Germany. Boris is usually known for funky/deep house tracks, mostly produced in conjunction with Mousse T. and Michi Lange, his partners in the Peppermint Jam Records label.
Boris Dlugosch started his career as a DJ in the German night club Front. Dlugosch differed from his countrymen by playing house music tracks, instead of happy hardcore or trance, more established in Germany. As a producer, however, Dlugosch's first works, in the early 1990s, were in the happy hardcore genre, working alongside Gary D.
Dlugosch had a few occasional hits in the club circuit in the 1990s, beginning with the two tracks created with Mousse T. under the Booom! moniker, "Hold Your Head Up High" and "Keep Pushin'", with vocals by Inaya Day, and "Check It Out (Everybody)", under the alias BMR (a regular partnership with Michi Lange). More recently, Dlugosch's name achieved some fame in the year 1999 thanks to his remix of Moloko's "Sing It Back", which became a club music phenomenon. He followed up under his own name with "Never Enough", a track that featured the voice of Moloko's vocalist Róisín Murphy. It peaked at #16 in the UK Singles Chart in June 2001.
Boris Dlugosch has also remixed dozens of songs, including Mariah Carey, Mary J. Blige, Italian rapper Jovanotti, disco band First Choice, and other well-known electronic music artists such as A-ha, Röyksopp, Moloko and Daft Punk.
- 1991 Tanzlust EP as VDT (Vorsprung durch Techno) on Container Rec.
- 1992 Fahrstuhlmusik EP as VDT on Container Rec.
- 1992 "Controversy" (as Subtle Houzze, with Gary D.)
- 1992 "Could This Be Love" (as Altered States, with Michi Lange)
- 1993 "Split Feelings" (as Altered States, with Michi Lange)
- 1995 "Deep Course EP" (as Deep Course)
- 1996 "Keep Pushin’" (as Booom!, with Mousse T. and Inaya Day)
- 1996 "Miami Special EP" (as Peppermint Jam Allstars, with Michi Lange and Mousse T)
- 1997 "Hold Your Head Up High" (as Booom!, with Mousse T and Inaya Day)
- 1998 "Check It Out (Everybody)" (as BMR, with Michi Lange and Felicia Uwaje)
- 2001 "Never Enough" (with Michi Lange and Róisín Murphy)
- 2001 "Starchild" (as BMR, with Michi Lange and Level 42)
- 2005 "Time Slides By" (as Les Visiteurs, with Michi Lange and Tommie Sunshine)
- 2009 "Bangkok" (with Erol Alkans label [Phantasy Sound])
- 2012 "Cycle" (Lektroluv Rec.)
- 2012 "Knalldrang EP" (Pokerflat Rec.)
- 2013 "Look Around You" (feat. Róisín Murphy) (Golden City Sounds Rec.)
Dlugosch has collaborated on Spiller's "Groovejet (If This Ain't Love)", Fiorello's "Azzurro", Michi Lange's "Michi EP #2" and Princess Superstar's "I'm So Out Of Control". In 2013 Dlugosch played on the song "Step Together" by Joe Goddard of his EP, "Taking Over"