Boris Eifman (Борис Яковлевич Эйфман) (born 22 July 1946) is one of the few, if not the only Russian choreographer whose energetic life in art has been going on for several decades. He has done more than fifty ballet performances.
Eifman was born in Siberia and graduated from the Leningrad Conservatory. In 1977 he founded the Leningrad Ballet Ensemble at the age of 30 and he remained there for over 35 years.
Honours and awards
- People’s Artist of Russia (Russia, 1995)
- Order of Merit for the Fatherland, 2nd (2012) class
- Commander of the Order of Arts and Letters (France, 1999)
- Commander of the Order of Merit of the Republic of Poland (2003)
- State Prize of the Russian Federation - 1998
- Theatre Award of Saint Petersburg "Golden Soffit" (1995, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2005, 2012)
- "Golden Mask" (Theatre Union of Russia, 1996 and 1999)
- Award "Triumph "(1996)
- Prix Benois de la Danse for "Best choreographer of 2005" (2006)
- Order of "Peace and Harmony" (Russia, 1998)