This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Video effects software|
|Headquarters||Boston, Massachusetts, USA|
|Products||Boris Continuum Complete
Final Effects Complete
Boris Transfer AE
Boris Transfer FCP
|Website||Boris FX homepage|
Boris FX is a software development company located based in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. It specializes in integrated graphics and visual effects technology. The company is one of the leading software developers for 2D and 3D compositing, titling, and vector graphics applications used by broadcast media companies, filmmakers, post-production companies, and multimedia production companies.
Boris FX started as a plug-in application for the then-emerging NLE market; its first Digital Video Effects plug-in applications were for Adobe Premiere, Media 100, and Avid. Since then, the Boris FX product line has expanded into areas such as graphics, EPS files, and extrusions. Most recently, Boris FX has moved into 3D rendering and processing effects as well as vector graphics. The Boris FX product line now includes visual effects plug-ins for Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Final Cut Express, Autodesk Advanced Systems, Avid Media Composer, Avid NewsCutter, Avid Symphony, Avid DS, Grass Valley EDIUS, Lightworks, Media 100 Suite, and Sony Vegas Pro.
Boris FX was formed in 1995 by Boris Yamnitsky. Yamnitsky's introduction to the video editing market came from working at Media 100. He was a part of the original Media 100 introduction at NAB 1993 and he was responsible for the Media 100 effects option. Ever since, Yamnitsky became passionate about visual effects and making video with NLE systems. In 1995, Boris released his own BorisFX – software based DVE solution for emerging NLEs. After the product won best of show at MacWorld 1995 in Boston the company was launched under the name Artel Software. A couple years later the company name was changed to Boris FX.
The Boris FX product line includes: Boris RED, Boris Blue, Boris FX, Boris Graffiti, Boris Continuum Complete, Boris Continuum Units, Final Effects Complete, Boris XML Transfer, Boris AAF Transfer, Boris Job Slate, and Media 100 Suite.
- "Boris FX." Boris FX. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 June 2014.
- "Motion Graphics/VFX - Interviews - Boris Yamnitsky: Founder, Boris FX". MacVideo. November 2010. Retrieved December 21, 2010.
- "Boris Host Compatibility Matrix". Retrieved December 21, 2010.
- "Videoguys Blog - Interview - Boris Yamnitsky, President, BorisFX." Videoguys Blog - Interview - Boris Yamnitsky, President, BorisFX. N.p., 04 May 2009. Web. 30 June 2014.
- Shapton, David. "RedShark News - The Future of Video Effects - We Talk to Boris Yamnitsky, Founder of Boris Effects." RedShark News - The Future of Video Effects - We Talk to Boris Yamnitsky, Founder of Boris Effects. N.p., 08 Nov. 2013. Web. 30 June 2014.
- "Boris Video Effects Plugins Product Line". Retrieved December 21, 2010.
|This multimedia software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States software corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|