Karlsruhe, nov. 2014.
|Birth name||Борис Иоффе|
|Born||December 21, 1968|
Leningrad, USSR (Russia)
|Genres||symphonic, chamber, opera|
|Instruments||Violin, viola, piano|
|Years active||1991 - present|
He emigrated to Israel before the break-up of Soviet Union, and completed his composition studies at the Rubin Academy of Music at Tel Aviv University. Later he moved to Karlsruhe, Germany to study with Wolfgang Rihm in 1997. Around that time, the composer began composing a series of short one-page pieces for string quartet. These were given a performance at ZKM in Karlsruhe in May 2003 and recorded on the ECM label by the Rosamunde Quartett with the Hilliard Ensemble. Boris Yoffe himself considers his work not specifically national: Russian, Israeli or German, but in principle ″belonging to all three cultures″.
- Website of Boris Yoffe
- Profil Boris Yoffe: Komponist in Ka-News (Karlsruhe, Germany) 23 August 2006 (in German)
- M. Reiss Boris Yoffe - an Israeli in Germany in Israel XXI Music Journal (in Russian)
- Personal website
- Profil Boris Yoffe: Komponist in Ka-News (Karlsruhe, Germany) 23 August 2006
- Boris Yoffe. "Musikalischer Sinn – Inhaltsverzeichnis" (PDF). Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- Boris Yoffe: Im Fluss des Symphonischen. (eine Entdeckungsreise durch die sowjetische Symphonie). — Wolke Verlag, Hofheim 2014, S.648, ISBN 978-3-95593-059-2.
|This article about a German composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|