|Full name||Borja Ekiza Imaz|
|Date of birth||6 March 1988|
|Place of birth||Pamplona, Spain|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15 May 2016.
Born in Pamplona, Ekiza arrived at Athletic Bilbao's youth system at the age of 14, being eligible to represent the Basque through his Navarrese roots. He spent his first two senior seasons with CD Basconia, the club's third team.
Subsequently, Ekiza played with the reserves in Segunda División B, being sparingly used in two years. On 8 January 2011, after a string of injuries to the defensive sector in the first team awarded him with promotion to the main squad, he made his La Liga debut in a 1–1 away draw against Málaga CF, playing the full 90 minutes; he finished his first top flight campaign established in the side's starting XI, beating competition from seasoned veterans Fernando Amorebieta, Aitor Ocio and Ustaritz and being booked only once.
In 2013–14, Ekiza lost his starting spot to Aymeric Laporte and Carlos Gurpegui due to repeated injuries, and only appeared once during the season, 37 minutes in a 2–1 win at Real Valladolid. On 31 July 2014, he terminated his contract with the Lions and signed a two-year deal with fellow league team SD Eibar hours later.
- "El candado de Ekiza" [Ekiza's lock] (in Spanish). Mundo Deportivo. 15 March 2013. Retrieved 26 February 2014.
- "Martinez leaves it late for Bilbao". ESPN Soccernet. 8 January 2011. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "Ekiza y Muniain, satisfechos de estar en el 'once' revelación de la UEFA" [Ekiza and Muniain, pleased to be in UEFA's newcomers 'XI'] (in Spanish). Marca. 2 June 2011. Retrieved 26 February 2014.
- "Rescisión del contrato de Borja Ekiza" [Borja Ekiza's contract termination] (in Spanish). Athletic Bilbao. 31 July 2014. Retrieved 31 July 2014.
- "Borja Ekiza nuevo fichaje del Eibar" [Borja Ekiza new signing of Eibar] (in Spanish). SD Eibar. 31 July 2014. Retrieved 31 July 2014.