Born Again (Warrant album)
|Studio album by Warrant|
|Genre||Hard rock, glam metal|
|Singles from Born Again|
|Metal Temple||(8/10) |
Born Again is Warrant's seventh studio album released in 2006. The album features ex-Black N' Blue vocalist Jaime St. James who replaced Jani Lane in 2004. Lane left the band due to personal and business disagreements and thus, Born Again is the first Warrant album not to feature him on lead vocals. The album was produced by internationally acclaimed producer and engineer Pat Regan (Kiss, Deep Purple, Mr. Big, L.A. Guns) and also features the return of original members, lead guitarist Joey Allen and drummer Steven Sweet
The track "Bourbon County Line" was released as the albums first single, followed by the second single "Dirty Jack".
All songs written by Jerry Dixon, except where noted.
- "Devil's Juice" ( Erik Turner, Jaime St. James) - 3:27
- "Dirty Jack" - 4:01
- "Bourbon County Line" (Turner, St. James, Dixon) - 3:51
- "Hell, CA" (St. James, Dixon) - 4:20
- "Angels" - 4:32
- "Love Strikes Like Lightning" - 3:56
- "Glimmer" (Joey Allen, Turner, Dixon, St. James) - 3:31
- "Roller Coaster" (St. James) - 2:48
- "Down In Diamonds" (Turner, Dixon) - 3:59
- "Velvet Noose" (Turner, Dixon) - 3:01
- "Roxy" (St. James) - 3:16
- "Good Times" - 4:09
The album received a generally positive reception, with reviewers praising the band's return to a traditional hard rock sound. Hard Rock Hideout said that the album was Warrant's best since Dog Eat Dog, and that "the whole vibe of this [album] sounds like Warrant in their heyday". Allmusic said that while Born Again didn't "stretch the boundaries," it was nevertheless a "superb set of hard rock songs that sound and feel better than most music from the '80s" and praised the band's willingness to keep "consistency and faith in the original concept" of their music.
Born Again: Delvis Video Diaries
Music Videos were shot for all the songs on the Warrant album Born Again. They appear on the DVD "Born Again: Delvis Video Diaries" along with behind the scenes footage, on tour clips and the making of the album.
- Jaime St. James - Lead vocals
- Joey Allen - Lead guitar, Backing vocals
- Erik Turner - Rhythm guitar, Backing vocals
- Jerry Dixon - Bass, Backing vocals
- Steven Sweet - Drums, Backing vocals
- Additional personnel
- Pat Regan - Keyboards
- "Bourbon County Line"
- "Dirty Jack"
- Born Again at AllMusic
- Rao, Debby (2007-01-18). "Reviews - Warrant Born Again". KNAC. Retrieved 2013-02-01.
- Harjula, Juha (2006). "Warrant - Born again". Melodic.net. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2013-02-01.
- "Warrant - Born Again review". Hard rock hideout. 2006. Retrieved 2012. Check date values in:
- Salva, Susie (2006-08-24). "Warrant: Born Again: All Access Magazine". All Access Magazine. Retrieved 2011. Check date values in: