Church in Bornheim-Merten
|• Mayor||Wolfgang Henseler (SPD)|
|• Total||82.72 km2 (31.94 sq mi)|
|Elevation||55 m (180 ft)|
|• Density||580/km2 (1,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Dialling codes||02222, 02227, 02236 (Widdig)|
The town borders on Bonn to the south, the towns of Alfter and Swisttal to the southwest, the town of Weilerswist to the west, the towns of Brühl and Wesseling to the north, as well as the Rhine-bordering town of Niederkassel in the east.
Bornheim is divided up into 14 districts: Bornheim, Brenig, Dersdorf, Hemmerich, Hersel, Kardorf, Merten, Rösberg, Roisdorf, Sechtem, Uedorf, Walberberg, Waldorf and Widdig.
Bornheim has a strong agricultural industry and is famous for its white asparagus.
- Heinrich Böll (1917-1985) lived from 1982 to 1985 in the district Merten and is buried there in the old cemetery. On the occasion of his 25th death, Böll was posthumously appointed honorary citizen.
Sons and daughters of Bornheim
- Franz Bosbach (* 1952), historian
Personalities connected with the city
- Paul von Rusdorf (c. 1385-1441), the master of the German Order of the German Order 1422 to 1441, came from the knighthood of the lords of Roisdorf. He is buried in the Annenkapelle of the Marienburg / West Prussia
- Günter Lamprecht (born 1930), actor, lives in Bornheim.
- Hans-Helmuth Knütter (born 1934), political scientist and author, lives in Bornheim
- Anton Schumacher (born 1938), football goalkeeper, lives in Bornheim-Hemmerich
- Klaus Ludwig (born 1949), race car driver, lived in Bornheim-Roisdorf
- Bernd Stelter (born 1961), carnival and television comedian, lives in Hersel.
- Johannes B. Kerner (born 1964), sportsmoderator, lived as a child in Hersel.
- Arnd Schmitt (born 1965), Olympic champion in fencing 1988, lives in Bornheim
- * Christian Knees (born 1981), cyclist (and a 'winner' 'Around Cologne 2006' 'and participant of the' 'Tour de France 2006' ') lives in Bornheim.
- Célia Šašić (born 1988), soccer player from Hersel
|This Rhein-Sieg-Kreis location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|