Borrowed Time (film)
|Produced by||Amanda Deering Jones|
|Music by||Gustavo Santaolalla|
|Edited by||Kathy Toon|
A weathered sheriff returns to the remains of an accident he has spent a lifetime trying to forget. With each step forward, the memories come flooding back. Faced with his mistake once again, he must find the strength to carry on.
The short took roughly five years to develop, from 2010 to 2015, as a part of Pixar's Co-op Program, which allows their animators to use Pixar resources to produce independent films. The directors worked on the film in their spare time, while remaining full-time at Pixar and contributing to projects such as Inside Out, Brave, The Good Dinosaur, and WALL-E, along with shorts such as Toy Story That Time Forgot, Day & Night, Toy Story of Terror!, and Partly Cloudy.
|List of awards and nominations|
|2015||SIGGRAPH||Best In Show||Andrew Coats
|St. Louis International Film Festival||Best Animated Short||Won|
|2016||Brooklyn Film Festival||Won|
|Fastnet Short Film Festival||Best Cinematography||James Campbell & Luke Martorelli||Won |
|USA Film Festival||First Place: Animation||Andrew Coats
|Woods Hole Film Festival||Best Short Animation||Won|
|2017||Academy Awards||Best Animated Short Film||Nominated|
|22nd Empire Awards||Best Short Film||Nominated|
|Reel Shorts Film Festival||Best Animated Short||Won|
The short was included in The animation Showcase 2016.
- "Borrowed Time". Facebook.
- Failes, Ian (January 24, 2017). "How Andrew Coats and Lou Hamou-Lhadj Made The Independent Short 'Borrowed Time' Inside Pixar". Cartoon Brew. Retrieved July 29, 2016.
- Hill, Libby (January 29, 2017). "Two Pixar animators explore the depths of grief and guilt in 'Borrowed Time'". LA Times. Retrieved October 17, 2016.
- Desowitz, Bill (January 29, 2017). "'Borrowed Time': How Two Pixar Animators Made a Daring, Off-Brand Western Short". Indiewire. Retrieved October 24, 2016.
- Harary, Dan. "SIGGRAPH 2016 ANNOUNCES AWARD WINNERS AND HIGHLIGHTS OF 43RD ANNUAL COMPUTER ANIMATION FESTIVAL". SIGGRAPH. ACM SIGGRAPH. Archived from the original on 2018-01-14. Retrieved 1 March 2017.
- "2015 SLIFF Awards". Cinema St. Louis. Cinema St. Louis. Retrieved 1 March 2017.
- "Animation Film @ Brooklyn Film Festival". January 2017. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- "…AND THE WINNERS ARE – FFF 2016". Fastnet Film Festival. Fastnet Film Festival. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- "USA Film Festival Official Website". USA Film Festival. USA Film Festival. Retrieved 4 September 2018.
- "2016 Audience Awards". Woods Hole Film Festival. Woods Hole Film Festival. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- "Oscar Nominations 2017: See the Full List". Vanity Fair. January 24, 2017. Retrieved January 24, 2017.
- "Oscar Winners". Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. February 27, 2017. Retrieved March 11, 2017.
- James Dyer (7 February 2017). "2017 Three Empire Awards Nominations Announced". Retrieved 19 March 2017.
- "2017 Award Winners". Reel Shorts Film Festival. Reel Shorts Film Festival. Retrieved 8 September 2017.
|This article related to a short animated film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|