|Headquarters||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.|
Number of locations
|Albert Boscov, Chairman & CEO|
|Products||Clothing, footwear, bedding, furniture, jewelry, beauty products, candy, household goods, toys, decor, small appliances|
|Revenue||$1.051 billion USD (2006)|
Solomon "Sol" Boscov was of Jewish descent, he emigrated to Reading, Pennsylvania in 1902. He had $1.37 in cash on arrival in the United States. He worked as a traveling salesman with an initial $8 worth of merchandise. Because he spoke Yiddish, he was able to converse with those people in Berks County who spoke Pennsylvania Dutch. Solomon's fortunes changed in 1911 when he opened the first Boscov's store in Reading to much fanfare. With growing notoriety, Boscov's began expanding in the Pennsylvania suburbs through the 1940's. As early as 1948, Boscov's had five stores, 2,200 workers, and annual sales exceeding $50 million. Solomon Boscov retired and was succeeded by his son Albert "Albie" Boscov as head of the company in 1950. 
In October 2011, Boscov's opened a new store at the Monmouth Mall in Eatontown, New Jersey in a former A&S space. This marked the first expansion for the company since the great recession. In November 2011, Boscov's announced plans to open a location at the White Marsh Mall in White Marsh, Maryland. The location opened on October 5, 2012. On May 15, 2012, Boscov's announced it would be opening a location in the Woodbridge Center Mall in Woodbridge, New Jersey in a former Fortunoff space. Boscov's opened a new Ohio location at the Ohio Valley Mall in October, 2013. In October, 2015, Boscov's opened a new Hartford, Connecticut store at the Westfield Meriden Mall in a former JCPenney space. In Fall 2016, Boscov's opened a store in the Sangertown Square Mall in New Hartford, New York.
- http://www.boscovs.com/static/about_boscov/history.html. Missing or empty
|title=(help); External link in
- Berksiana. Charles Schuyler Castner. 1976. Page 321
- Berksiana. Charles Schuyler Castner. 1976. Page 319
- Berksiana. Charles Schuyler Castner. 1976. Page 323
- "About Boscov's Department Stores". Boscovs.com. Retrieved 2011-01-28.
- "Boscov's to Open in Woodbridge Center Next Year". Woodbridge, New Jersey Patch. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- Courant, Hartford. "Boscov's Department Store To Open At Meriden Mall, Adding 300 Jobs". Retrieved 2015-09-21.