Bosnia and Herzegovina–Malaysia relations
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bosnia and Herzegovina–Malaysia relations refers to a foreign relations between Bosnia and Herzegovina and Malaysia. Bosnia and Herzegovina has an embassy in Kuala Lumpur, and Malaysia has an embassy in Sarajevo.
In October 1993 during the Bosnian War, Mahathir Mohamad, who was the Malaysian Prime Minister at the time, expressed concern with the violation of human rights in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Thus, he sent a group of Malaysian soldiers to participate in the UN Peacekeeping Operations and called the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) in 1995 to set up measures and help the newly independent European country. Since then, both countries have established relations and Malaysia has recognised Bosnia and Herzegovina as an independent country.
The bilateral trade between the two countries currently expanding with Malaysia's main exports to Bosnia and Herzegovina composed almost entirely of electronics and electrical products, while the imports from Bosnia and Herzegovina consisted mainly of furniture and aluminium. Both countries also cooperates in agriculture and halal sector. Beside that, three Malaysian Islamic banks have set up operations in Bosnia in 2010.
- "Embassy in Bosnia and Herzegovina and Malaysia". Retrieved 4 January 2014.
- "Address of the Embassy of Bosnia and Herzegovina". Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Thailand. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Official Website of Embassy of Malaysia, Sarajevo". Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- Christoph Marcinkowski; Constance Chevallier-Govers; Ruhanas Harun (2011). Malaysia and the European Union: Perspectives for the Twenty-first Century. LIT Verlag Münster. pp. 41–. ISBN 978-3-643-80085-5.
- Abdullah Ahmad Badawi (21 June 2007). "Speech at the Malaysia - Bosnia and Herzegovina Business Forum". Prime Minister Office. Retrieved 4 January 2014.
- hamid (1 July 2008). "Malaysia And Bosnia Need To Cooperate In Agriculture Sector". Halal.net. Retrieved 4 January 2014.
- hamid (5 May 2009). "Malaysia to help develop Bosnia's first halal park". Halal.net. Retrieved 4 January 2014.
- Nazry Bahrawi (5 October 2010). "Is Bosnian Islam going the way of Malaysia?". The Guardian. Retrieved 4 January 2014.
- The Malaysian Ambassador visited Bosnia and Herzegovina International University of Sarajevo