Bosnia and Herzegovina at the 2016 Summer Paralympics
|Bosnia and Herzegovina at the|
2016 Summer Paralympics
|NPC||Paralympic Committee of Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|in Rio de Janeiro|
|Competitors||14 in 2 sports|
|Flag bearer||Dženita Klico|
|Summer Paralympics appearances|
|Other related appearances|
Every participant at the Paralympics has their disability grouped into one of five disability categories; amputation, the condition may be congenital or sustained through injury or illness; cerebral palsy; wheelchair athletes, there is often overlap between this and other categories; visual impairment, including blindness; Les autres, any physical disability that does not fall strictly under one of the other categories, for example dwarfism or multiple sclerosis. Each Paralympic sport then has its own classifications, dependent upon the specific physical demands of competition. Events are given a code, made of numbers and letters, describing the type of event and classification of the athletes competing. Some sports, such as athletics, divide athletes by both the category and severity of their disabilities, other sports, for example swimming, group competitors from different categories together, the only separation being based on the severity of the disability.
Bosnia and Herzegovina men's national sitting volleyball team qualified for the 2016 Games at the 2014 World Championships.
|2||Bosnia and Herzegovina||3||2||1||5||6||3||2.000||206||184||1.120|
|3||Ukraine||3||1||2||4||3||8||0.375||237||265||0.894||Classification 5th / 6th|
|4||China||3||0||3||3||2||9||0.222||216||265||0.815||Classification 7th / 8th|
10 September 2016
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||3–0||Ukraine|
|(25–12, 25–22, 25–20)|
12 September 2016
|Iran||3–0||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|(25–17, 25–22, 25–17)|
14 September 2016
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||3–0||China|
|(25–14, 25–22, 25–19)|
16 September 2016
|Egypt||0–3||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|(23–25, 16–25, 20–25)|
Gold Medal game
18 September 2016
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||1–3||Iran|
|(21–25, 25–21, 18–25, 15–25)|
- Bosnia and Herzegovina at the 2016 Summer Olympics
- Bosnia and Herzegovina national sitting volleyball team
- "Paralympics categories explained". ABC. 3 September 2008. Retrieved 25 December 2015.
- "Making sense of the categories". BBC Sport. 6 October 2000. Retrieved 25 December 2015.
- "A-Z of Paralympic classification". BBC Sport. 28 August 2008. Retrieved 25 December 2015.
- "Overall Number of Entries by NPC". myInfo+Plus. Atos. Retrieved 17 September 2016.
- "Competitors List: Bosnia and Herzegovina". myInfo+plus. Atos. Retrieved 17 September 2016.
- "Who is Rio bound for Sitting Volleyball?". World Para Volleyball. 17 August 2015. Retrieved 26 December 2015.