|Subsidiary of Shine Group|
Surgeon Simulator 2013
Bossa Studios is a UK-based developer of games for mobile, PC and console. Bossa was founded in 2010 by Henrique Olifiers, Ric Moore, Imre Jele and Roberta Lucca. Bossa were acquired by Shine Group in September 2011 for an undisclosed fee.
Bossa developed the BAFTA 2014 nominated Surgeon Simulator, which was the product of a game jam. The game has gone on to sell over 2 million copies worldwide across PC, PS4, iOS and Google Play.
In 2015, Bossa was nominated for yet another BAFTA for its mobile game Twelve a Dozen, which required players use their heads to solve mathematical platforming puzzles.
Bossa's has also developed I am Bread, and is currently developing the massively multiplayer online game World's Adrift.
List of games
- Monstermind (released in September 2011)
- Josh Halliday (16 September 2011). "Elisabeth Murdoch's Shine buys social gaming startup Bossa Studios | Technology | guardian.co.uk". Guardian. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "Video Games Awards Winners & Nominees in 2012 - Games Awards - Games - The BAFTA site". Bafta.org. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "Merlin to Bewitch Facebook Users in New Game - IGN". Uk.ign.com. 18 June 2012. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "Bossa Stomps Into Facebook Games With Monstermind". AllFacebook. 16 September 2011. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- Corriea, Alexa Ray (October 17, 2014). "The next game from the Surgeon Simulator team lets you role-play as bread". Polygon. Vox Media. Archived from the original on October 18, 2014. Retrieved October 18, 2014.