|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012)|
|بُست خصوصی پوهنتون|
Bost University, Helmand
|Motto||کیفیت زموږ لومړیتوب دی|
Motto in English
|Quality is our Priority|
|President||Diplom Engineer Mahmood Sangin|
|Vice-Chancellor||Abdullah Zeyayee Academic|
|Engineering, Law, Economics, Medicine, Computer Science|
|Location||Lashkargah, Helmand, Afghanistan
|Colors||Black, red, and green|
Bost University (Pashto: بُست خصوصی پوهنتون) in Lashkar Gah, Helmand Province, Afghanistan is a private, non-sectarian institution of higher education founded by Ahmad Jan Popal in 1391-2012. Bost University offers two to sixyear undergraduate degrees and diplomas. Four to six year undergraduate programs are included in Medicine, Engineering, Law, Economics and Computer Science faculties. Certificates for short term courses and training that are three years or less are part of the university Institute of Health Science such as, Nursing, Midwifery, Laboratory, Pharmacy and Physiotherapy.
From the beginning it was the Bost Institute of Higher Education. In 2013 the Ministry of Higher Education Quality Commission Board investigated all the private universities in the country In 2015 the board announced its results and Bost Institute of Higher Education got the top marks which was 88.3 and was announced the top university of all private universities in Afghanistan.
The Ministry of Higher Education promoted the university to Bost Private University (بُست خصوصی پوهنتون) awarded in November 2015.
- Faculty of Law and Political Science, two departments: Law and Management(Political Science).
- Faculty of Economics, four departments: Statistics, Finance, Business Administration and Economics.
- Faculty of Engineering, four departments: Architecture, Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineering.
- Faculty of Medicine, six year program in General Medicine.
- Faculty of Computer Science, two departments: Hardware and Software.
Institute of Health Science
- Nursing (NRS): 3 year program.
- Midwife (MW): 2 year program.
- Laboratory (LAB): 2 year program.
- Pharmacy (PHR): 2 year program.
- Physiotherapy (PTR): 2 year program.
The library has more than 8000 Pashto, Dari, and English books.
The university has a laboratory for its engineering faculty students.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bost University.|