The oldest house in Boston in 1st avenue
|Municipality||City of Cape Town|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (SAST)|
|Postal code (street)|
In 1900, a company of the United States of America bought a piece of land known as “the Willows” from a Mr Duminy. This land used to be part of Loevenstein. They decided to subdivide the land into stands and the lands’ development started. The popular building style was Victorian. Bay windows, wooden floors, lead glass windows, pressed steel ceilings and wooden frame windows were also common. 
They called the suburb Boston as a remembrance of their home city in of Boston in Massachusetts in the United States of America. Most street names in South African's Boston are all USA related: Broadway, Washington, Gladstone, Lincoln, Salisbury and Cleveland.
“The Scissors Murderess”, Marlene Lehnberg and her accomplice Marthinus Charles Choegoe, murdered Susanna Magdalena van der Linde on 4 November 1974 with a pair of scissors in Gladstone Street Boston. Lehnberg had an affair with van der Linde’s husband, Christiaan. This drew South Africa and the world’s attention to the suburb. Judge Justice Diemont found both guilty on 12 March 1975 and after appealing the death sentence Lehnberg and Choegoe were sentenced to jail for 20 and 15 years respectively.
Rashied Staggie former leader of the Hard Livings gang. In 2004 he was convicted of stealing weapons from the Faure police station. He was sentenced to 13 years in jail. He stayed in a highly secured property in Boston. Rival gangs tried to kill him there a number of times. Crime is below average in this suburb.
Francois Van Coke, stage name for Francois Badenhorst is a rock singer. Associated acts include Fokofpolisiekar and Van Coke Kartel. He also acts as a solo artist. He and his wife are local residents.
Crystal Donna Roberts, South African actress and Safta winner for her role in Krotoa. She was also the 1st South African actress to walk the red carpet at the Venice film festival in 2016. She and her husband is local residents in Boston.
- Rossouw,E. "Bellville: Interesante gebeurtenisse van 1861/ Tygerbergstories (Translated: Bellville: Interesting occurrences from 1861/ Tygerberg stories)". Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- Picton-Seymour,D. "Victorian Buildings in South Africa". Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- Rossouw, E. "Boston woonareas (Translated: Boston residential areas)". Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- "kontak (translate :Contact)". Archived from the original on 12 May 2018. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- "Geskiedenis (Translate: History)". Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- "contact Boston Primary". Archived from the original on 17 May 2018. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- "School-History". Archived from the original on 9 May 2018. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- "Vredelust Primary". Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- "The scissors murder". Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- Schronen,J. "South Africa: Staggie home shot at in drive-by attack". Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- Malan,M. "Nou meer pappa as rocker (Translate: He is no more a dad than a rocker". Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- "Athletics". Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- "Comrades gold medal turns Wright's life around". Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- "Voorbladstorie". Retrieved 2 April 2019.
- "Parkrun". Retrieved 2 April 2019.